Sign in to follow this  
flusted

DIY Stage 4 charger?

i can see where you are coming from but pressing in bearings isn't too difficult. pressing in bushes and stuff is harder IMO although the outcome of a bad job may be less catastophic. each to their own really.

im pretty sure gavin used the guide the first one he did. admitedly darren did help with one of the seals over the phone. top chap.

diy or darren. not jabba for a port speaking from experience.

now that last line, I have no problems with agreeing with you on... 8)

WOW!

is that a full blend? does only 3 legs on hte exhaust not weaken the structural integrty of the charger at all?

It make me cringe everytime I see one of those..

I don`t begrudge paying for a rebuild, you`re buying the time, tool hire and experience as well as the parts.

is that yours done.

gotta help with flow somewhat. not sure on the strength issues though. i heard a long while back maybe 4 yrs now that 3 was not too good an idea but again personal preference and experience with this type of stuff plays. i was told to avoid the 65mm pulley but its been great and the charger has been fine.

Only one of the major German tuners do that kind of RS2-porting now. I guess theres a good reason for that.......

I causes more stress on the supports makes the scroll more prone to vibrations. Kinda like buying 6 spoke rims and cutting away 3 spokes to improve brake cooling :cuckoo: ,

These charges have been known to blow up from everything less than 1K miles and up combined with smaller pulleys (72-65mm)

Also remember if you are going to port your charger, that if your grinder slips once, that is enough to make an expensive paperweight out of your charger

My secondhand charger turned up yeaturday,and nver guess my luck....its already stage 4 done by g werks!

Spoke to darren and hes going to do a health check for me

Well chuffed