Sign in to follow this  
Spykee

Exhaust Noise

right im after some advice!

i have had a knackered exhaust for ages now, well cat actually so on saturday i went and had the cat removed and at the same time i thought, what the hell and got a straight through midpipe from the base of the manifold to the back box!

now the pipe is 57mm in diameter which is about 2.25" as i have done some reading and this appears to be optimum without losing torque low down the rev range.

however, i have the original OEM G60 back box and now im finding that its resonating a hell of a lot and to be honest sounds like its got a hole in the exhaust rather than it being loud but deepish.....

so the question is, how do i resolve the sound problem? do i get a new backbox which would be stainless steel as well or should i just get a silencer put into the mid pipe?

i have no idea what the most appropriate option is as i have only bought catback systems and decats for other cars.

thanks,

i haven't a clue mate but........i know g60griff may have a full powerflow system available soon,he may even just sell u the back box,might be worth dropin him a pm