mrbeige

JSB Racing Shiftlight kit - Pre-order for next batch

Am gutted really hoped to get mine fitted this week, but of course i book the first week in six weeks it rains all the time :-(

I WILL get around to fitting mine soon

No need! :( Typical english weather I guess :(

Getting hold of some Mk1 and 2 Golf clusters to trial fit a kit by the end of the month, but should work a treat :D

Yes, I got one this week, the build quality is great, haven't fitted it yet but shouldn't be any trouble.

Just convinced my mate on the island to have 1 (didnt take alot!) just need payment details and hopefully you will be able to do the other bit i was after and post it all together?

Cheers

Right, we may have a further feature for the shift light. It may well be possible to introduce a soft and hard rev limit to the system. We already have the provision for a high current driver that was originally there to run a shift-lamp, but with a bit of investigation we should be able to add some further software to the system to pull the coil down to earth and hey presto instant rev limit. I think a soft limit that toggles the output with a hard limit the switches it to ground should work ok.

The question is how much interest is there?

Price wise we're thinking;

£70 for the shift light and rev limiter

£85 for the shift light fitted and rev limiter (single wire that goes to the coil)

What do you reckon?

Any-one know when the Stock ECu's soft limiter point is?

Will this work and over-ride the factory limiter?

All questions to think about.. ;)

That's a good point! I think you can get the limiter values through the MFA by following a given proceedure, but I'm not sure if there is any means to change or remove them. In which case the JSB system might only work if the limiting was required further down the rev range. :?

Thats a great idea, how did you come up with that? :lol: Just recieved my omex rev limiter and custom beige shift light, workmanship and build quality is amazing.

The reason i went with rev limiter is with a 65mm pulley, you cant rev past 6k without harming the charger,and i think the g's limit is 7k?.

The omex allows you to set the rev limit within 100rpm and also adjust the shift light as much as 2000rpm below the limit.

Thanks for your help again Mr Beige il be fitting it tommorrow 8)

No problem Adie! The Omex just give me the idea, and it seems pretty simple to implement. Just wasn't sure of the application really.

Right, we may have a further feature for the shift light. It may well be possible to introduce a soft and hard rev limit to the system. We already have the provision for a high current driver that was originally there to run a shift-lamp, but with a bit of investigation we should be able to add some further software to the system to pull the coil down to earth and hey presto instant rev limit. I think a soft limit that toggles the output with a hard limit the switches it to ground should work ok.

The question is how much interest is there?

Price wise we're thinking;

£70 for the shift light and rev limiter

£85 for the shift light fitted and rev limiter (single wire that goes to the coil)

What do you reckon?

I know this might be taking things a little too far... but it would be ideal if the soft limiter could be linked to the oil temperature, so you can't exceed 3krpms until your engine is safely warmed. I'd deffo buy one of those!

That said, I'll probably buy one of the standard shift lights anyway, just as soon as I've got a few other repairs out of the way.

I know this might be taking things a little too far... but it would be ideal if the soft limiter could be linked to the oil temperature, so you can't exceed 3krpms until your engine is safely warmed. I'd deffo buy one of those!

That said, I'll probably buy one of the standard shift lights anyway, just as soon as I've got a few other repairs out of the way.

I did actually consider this, but wasn't sure if it was feasible, as the temp senders are necessarily the same across all models, and the rpm inout is based on the pulse coming into the clocks, which is again different between the 4 and 6 cylinder models. I'll have a look into that though....

Right, we've got three left of the current batch guys. Not sure if we are going to be doing more, it depends on how much more interest we can get... :?

I'll have one please, even though I don't have a Rado atm. Hopefully it will inspire me to be a bit less picky and just buy a another goddam car! :)

Send me a pm or something about payment, I have paypal.

I'll have one please, even though I don't have a Rado atm. Hopefully it will inspire me to be a bit less picky and just buy a another goddam car! :)

Send me a pm or something about payment, I have paypal.

PM sent dude!

PM sent dude!

Payment sent, pm sent, heaven sent. :)

Also, as you're pinging about this idea of a rev limiter, will it be available as an add on to your existing setup, or will you combine the two just for new customers? Or is it separate all together?

Got mine yesterday, nice one Stu, looks like a quality piece of kit and the instructions look really clear too.

Got mine yesterday, nice one Stu, looks like a quality piece of kit and the instructions look really clear too.

No probs matey, cheer!

Well, only one left now, before a month wait for the next batch!