Sign in to follow this  
jinx

New Brake Pipes

In addition to my last post - me and Jay actually snapped a vice (virtually in half!!!) trying to get some movement out of the seized pistons in the rear calipers.

In 25 years I have never seen a vice break like it.

Thise rear brakes really are a f**ker aren't they!!

You do know that to push the rear pistons in you have to turn them clockwise at the same time as pushing them in?? Something to do with how they adjust so the handbrake travel doesn't increase with pad and disc wear.

Quote:In addition to my last post - me and Jay actually snapped a vice (virtually in half!!!) trying to get some movement out of the seized pistons in the rear calipers.

In 25 years I have never seen a vice break like it.

Thise rear brakes really are a f**ker aren't they!!

You do know that to push the rear pistons in you have to turn them clockwise at the same time as pushing them in?? Something to do with how they adjust so the handbrake travel doesn't increase with pad and disc wear.

We did try that - getting them in a vice was a kind of last resort to get any movement as we had no spares and I had to get the car back home that night.

The lump hammer was tool of choice before that!!!

they are a bitch...i had the same problem on an Audi A4, had to replace them in the end. Time wasn't the pressing factor then though, and it wasn't my money i was spending on a pair of new calipers!!!!