Sign in to follow this  
vdubCorrado

New guy, from the USA... looking for some help...

hello, i am going to try to keep this simple since i noticed there is some terminology i do not fully know what they mean.

i would like to start by introducing myself then i will get to what i am looking for help on. my name is Justin, i've been into Corrados for about 7 years, i only buy G60 Corrados because i personally prefer the engine over the VR6. i have had other VR6 VW's and just do not like them as much as the G60. i help run the Corrado Club of America website. my corrent corrado is the first corrado i ever bought. i sold the car, and then hunted it down for 3 years after owning it for 3 years. during that time and inbetween i have also bought 4 other corrados and 2 of them i owned twice... in short i am a corrado fan.

what i am looking for help on is getting Euro parts here in the states. what i am looking to get is a G60 Jet interior, preferrably in red. i would be looking for the door cards, front, and rear seats. i could probably do with out the door cards, but i would like to be all original because the car is being built for a show car... thanks

Justin

Welcome :)

Considering the small amount of Jet C's in circulation, I would imagine it will be *very* hard to not only get the interior, but to then ship it to the States as well.

I would imagine your best bet is just to trim your existing interior in a similar way.

and also bear in mind his is a predominantly UK based forum so the chances of someone over here having a Jet are even more limited..............best try some of the german or dutch Corrado forums...........or you could try Kongo on here as he's recently bought a Jet,but reckon unless you offer him silly money he'sunlikely to swap interiors

i do appreciate your responses but i figured it would never hurt to say anything i do expect to spend pretty much forever looking for this interior haha but i would try a german forum except i never learned german haha i know shipping a whole interior is rough, but i know smaller things are not so bad... i shipped a set of VR6 underdrive pullies from USA to Sweden for around 20GBP or 37USD... assuming the general currency being used is the GBP or it would be uh? about 30EUR? depending on the current exchange rate...

i am also curious, since this is a UK based forum, most of the members have right side drive cars?

ahh i wish my car were RHD... here in the LHD market i know of no RHD corrados so it would just be good for show reasons... it's alot of work to convert over i know that...

it also sucks that all the thousands and thousands i am spending on my corrado to make it "euro" is going to make it look basically stock to most other people in the world...

oh and heres the car i'm trying to get everything for... alots changes since these pictures... some stuff previous owners did and didn't have time ot take off/change due to keeping it running...

corrado_from_the_porch.jpg

angledpassengersideVR6grilleSMALLER.jpg

MYG60strightonsideviewdriver.jpg

corradoenginestraightsmaller.jpg

when i sold the car it had a fully forged 1.9L G60 with the Bahn Brenner supercharger kit, which is an Opcon Autorotor 2087 http://www.bahnbrenner.com is the site with the kit. i don't know if anyone is familiar with the company, although i think i saw someone selling one of their G60 RSR charger outlets... now currently, the wheels are gone and replaced with Racing Hart C2's 3pc, engine is being replaced with an Autotech 2.0L stroker kit using a 1.8 PL (which mine has oil squirters for the pistons), and i am currently also building an air to water turbo kit for it. B&G coil overs will be on this car, rear bumper being shaved and running a side exit exhaust... lots of stuff i have some stuff planned...

and if there for some reason anyone needs and parts from this country i would be more than willing to help out... anything. even if you're looking for after market, i am thinking about buying my old stage 4 G60 back with chrome eurosport IC tubes to part the car out...