Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Passat/Seat heater controls...do they fit?

I've just got myself a black dash (finally!), but it is from a VR, so the heater control mountings are different, as they are for the later dial type, and mine has the early slider type. The dash didn't come with any of the switch gear or heater controls, so I need to get a set. My question is, can I use Passat or Seat heater controls (far cheaper than Corrado ones)? Are they the same? The rest of the illumination in my C is red, so I'd need ones that can be either converted to illuminate red or are red already (Seat).

Also would be juts a matter of getting a new set of bowden cables and some wiring jiggery pokey to fit them?

Yeah there is some stuff in both the search and the wiki, but it says that part of the Corrado dials needs to be put in the Passat ones i.e. the knob and worm gear for the heater speed. Is it necessary to use them as I don't have existing corrado dial type controls???

Get ones from a SEAT Toledo of about '95/'96 with aircon and they'll be exactly the same as the Corrado ones, no need to swap bits over - plus they'll be red illuminated...

Get ones from a SEAT Toledo of about '95/'96 with aircon and they'll be exactly the same as the Corrado ones, no need to swap bits over - plus they'll be red illuminated...

Cool! Cheers dude.

Does it have to be one with aircon?

Yeah, otherwise the fan speed switch is slightly different, as you mentioned in your previous post...

Oke-i-ly doke-i-ly 8)