Sign in to follow this  
Twiss

Torque?

Now Ive been thinking (thats scary for me, normaly means Im about to look a foul or spend a lot of money) I own a 1.8 16v and the power is nice once you get the her going.

I know more bhp = more torque but that also mean more fuel.

so is it possible to increase her torque with out shoting her bhp through the roof !!?

Now Ive been thinking (thats scary for me, normaly means Im about to look a foul or spend a lot of money) I own a 1.8 16v and the power is nice once you get the her going.

I know more bhp = more torque but that also mean more fuel.

so is it possible to increase her torque with out shoting her bhp through the roof !!?

how about a reverse 'KR' inlet cam mod :) - a common switch for 2L 16v owners wanting a bit more top end power.

The 2L corrado 16v has a milder inlet cam which will reduce your top end power but flatten and bulk out the torque curve making the car feel stronger at low and mid range revs at the expense of high end.

More torque doesn't mean more power, more torque over a wide® rev range does. Changing cams will shift the torque and power up or down the rev range depending on the cam profile.

The best bet for a 1.816v is more capacity, a 2L block will give a nice hike in torque and doesn't generally lead to higher fuel consumption because the engine pulls the car along more strongly from lower revs.

David.

Strictly speaking, more torque just means more torque. More power comes from either increasing torque *at high revs* or from increasing the revs that the engine can achieve.

The most effective way to achieve a good wide torque curve is probably a turbo or supercharger, but it's not cheap...