Sign in to follow this  
mo_527

vr6

well if you can't find a G60 in your budget then a VR is going to be worse,don't fall into the trap of seeing some cheap VR's for sale and thinking they won't need anything done to them

vr6storm, well my budget is £3000, with the g60 im thinking more towards the charger if it packs in and keeping the car maintained cus of its age.

ahh yus, guy from the other thread.

as Rodders says, if a g60 is out of your price range then a VR is even worse.

strange direction to go in, from a g60 to valver to VR :-/

well in the first 2 years of vr6 ownership,i spent next to nothing on repairs,all i had to replace was wear and tear items,no major repairs,i think i spent something like £150 on it in 2 years..but thats all changed now..

mo_527,

I can take you out in my VR6 if that helps... I'm sure you'll be biased to a VR though afterwards :)

Dub_nut_g60, im just in two minds 16v will be much easier to look after as i am not really mechanically minded and my cousin has told me to go for a vr6 also easy to maintain Sh*t loads of power. The only thing im think on the vr is the fuel consumption.

fuel consumption isnt as bad as you think,i can easily get 35+mpg out of mine,which is just as good if not better than some G60's,although you will be tempted to put your foot down in the VR to hear that engine growl

As has been said - the VR's are good on fuel considering the engine capacity - provided you can resist regular heavy right foot action! :)

35 mpg!!!! Fooking hell thats good from a v6, i was gunna get one anyway but now i dont even care about fuel cuz thats all i do in my fiesta!!

VR's are good on fuel considering the engine capacity - provided you can resist regular heavy right foot action! :)

your right jim but its REALLY hard to say no to more of that noise! 8)

Mate...

I found the G60 to be worse on fuel than the Vr??? Vr's more of a cruiser than the G60...

What sort of funds you gonna have to play with once you've purchased it???

As has been said before, do you reckon the cash an owner has paid to sort out a VR6 should be reflected in the price, or is that their loss?

What do you all reckon a ball park figure is for a decent VR is theses days?

I've seen one but reckon the owner is looking too much and think he knows it too, so for a genuine Vr what would you pay??

mtc R32, well ive seen some vr's for around £2500 insurance is about £560, i'd say i would have roughly about £1200 to play with

sorry think link dont take you straight to the car, here is a description VOLKSWAGEN Corrado 2.9 VR6 , N Reg blue metallic £2,400

standard, no leather. those photos don't tell you anything, so you would obviously have to view it.

use the search, there are a million threads on VR6 prices, fuel economy, buying guides, etc etc