Sign in to follow this  
stormchaser

buying a storm

Hi all i am a new member to the site and i am looking to join the ownership club. i am going to view a green storm tomorrow just wondering if there is a way of checking it is not a fake storm! I have printed out buyers guide to help me but any pointers to save me buying a lemon would be great. The car is advertised on auto trader FOR £5990 by a trader called GTS Billingshurst.

Well obviously there is the usual stuff - colour coded grille, right leather/paint combo, the Solitude wheels and the Storm badges but its easier to fake it on the Green Storms!

Only surefire way is to make a note of the VIN and speak to VW Head Office in the UK.. they can confirm it for you as to whether its a Storm or not!

Good luck :)

is the vin plate easy to see on corrado? have had cars in the past where they clamp it in silly positions.Also are the chassis numbers stamped in usual places(on vin plate and inside drivers door on sill or floor pan)?

Didnt buy the storm,it needed some work and couldnt lower price enough to make me want it.I will keep looking thanks for the advice

is the vin plate easy to see on corrado?

Yeah it's just on the scuttle near the wiper mech - there looks like there is something like a plastic cover missing but it's not - the vin is also just stamped on a primered strip, again thats normal

Good luck in your search!