Sign in to follow this  
redwoodkp

Rad Fan Not working

My rad fan isnt kicking in at all. Tried cleaning the switch but to no luck.

I dont want to start changing everything when i may be able to find the problem first. Any common faults or tests to try first??

Cheers Kieran

the relay went on mine causing the same problem...... im not sure if its in the same place as the G60 but if it is its on the right hand side of the radiator near the battery as you look under the bonnet......

The relays are near the expansion tank on an ABS car or if not, behind the glovebox...

Check the fuse then plug to fan motor first, you can then bridge the wiring to the thermoswitch on the rad and if that works it then the switch is dead....

The relays are near the expansion tank on an ABS car or if not, behind the glovebox...

Check the fuse then plug to fan motor first, you can then bridge the wiring to the thermoswitch on the rad and if that works it then the switch is dead....

My 60 has no relays for the fan and no it does not work... Well P********D about it. Had to wire my fan to a dsh switch. Works well but would be nicer if it worked by its self.

Looked all over the place none behind the glovebox or in the bay.

Supercharged

mine dont so it could well be possible.... mine are to the right of the fan just in front of the battery......

2_Door_fun, are you sure??

The should be mounted high up in a black box near the expansion tank...

Morning Supercharged.

Yep I'm sure. I have no relays in the bay. I don't have ABS either.

So I don't know. Anybody got any piccies of their relays in the bay or behind the glovebox.

I had to fit the switch, no other way of getting the fan to work.

Does anybody have a Bentley illustration of the relays or even the ones in the drivers footwell.