Sign in to follow this  
James sprinter

BHP Increase?

Just been on the phone to HIC Insurance and matey told me that provided my mods don't increase my C's performance by more than 10 BHP then they won't cost me any extra :lol:

Does anyone know roughly what BHP increase you'd expect to get from the following?

K&N Panel Air Filter

Supersprint Mid and Back box (Big bore) from G60

Fluffy Dice :D

BTW this kit is on a 1.8L 16v 1991.

Cheers in advance

None of them would give u more than 10bhp increase although it doesnt cost anything have u made sure u dont have to pay admin charges...mine charge admin costs on most simple mods at £25

Tell them the performance hasn't increased by over 10 BHP anyway.

They're not likely to come out and rolling road it to prove you wrong. :)

ROFLMAO !!! god, saw a little pug today on dual carriage way doing aroun 90, big exhaust body kit, clear clusters and everything, poor thing must of been being thrashed !! all maz power stuff as well !!

an interesting point for you guys in the UK

Does the V5 document state the power output of the car

If so you should be able to Change this figure by contacting the DVLA thus then having a car document stating the power output and you can the mod it, change it mod it, change it, so the power output on the V5 matches the car thus never being more that 10 BHP more.

basically here in spain you can add as much as 10% to the car without it getting re type approved.

an interesting point for you guys in the UK

Does the V5 document state the power output of the car

If so you should be able to Change this figure by contacting the DVLA thus then having a car document stating the power output and you can the mod it, change it mod it, change it, so the power output on the V5 matches the car thus never being more that 10 BHP more.

basically here in spain you can add as much as 10% to the car without it getting re type approved.

na the only thing engine wise that you are supposed to change is the engine number or size on the log-book

Does anyone know roughly what BHP increase you'd expect to get from the following?

K&N Panel Air Filter

Supersprint Mid and Back box (Big bore) from G60

Fluffy Dice

On my 2.0 16v a K&N was dyno'd at the massive gain of under 1 BHP.

My Milltek cat back exhaust also gave the massive gain of 1 BHP...and lost 1 lb-ft of torque...

So I think you are safe to say you won't have a gain of 10 BHP...and anyone that tells you you will, is talking out of their rear end.

You would be surprised at exactly what you would have to do on your engine to get a genuine 10BHP gain at the wheels!