Sign in to follow this  
16vradge

Car transporter company

Has anyone used a vehicle delivery company, or hired a transit van type car transporter? I've seen a mk1 Polo in Oxford but it's got no T&T and I'd need to get it back to Leeds. I've got a steel towing bar, but afaik you can't tow on motorways. Can you tow on A-roads? and would that sort of distance be too far if I towed it using the C? :scratch:

If its got no tax and test then you are running the risk of being stopped :lcop:, any car being towed outher than on a trailer HAS to be t&t and insured,purely because it is in contact with the road. Try phoning a local garage and ask for a fixed price collection, there are also loads of people on ebay that offer a collection service, if they can collect a couple of vehicles from the same area at the same time it could work out cheaper. Try asking someone down the pub, theres allways someone(mate of a mate of a mate) with a landrover & trailer willing to earn a few bob.

I thought you could tow on motorways,why not ?

Dunno, I think it'd be alright on an A-frame, but I don't have a tow bar. I only have a fixed straight bar.

I've emailed a guy on ebay - but they seem to have stupid prices and payment schemes to comply with ebay regs - e.g buy 30 £5 'buy it now' vouchers and then pay the difference later.

I'm off on holiday next friday so need to sort it this weekend, otherwise it'll probably go. What a ball-ache.