Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

bump

Will a late front bumper fit an early model with no probs. Just that I fitted a different bumper to my c and where the bumper hooks are jsut before the arch (round hooks slide into bumper) dont seem to fit properly? Was wondering if it could be a late bumper thats the problem, if late ones on early models can cause a problem.

Cheers

The only problem that i know of with the difference from the early to late bumpers are the fitment ofthe fogsand indicators ( which are flush on the late bumper) Maybe VW chaged the desin of the hooks at the side of the Bumper!!!!. Do all the bolts line up on the ironwork??

The late bumper is slightly wider than the early one so that could have something to do with your fitting problems :?

I've got an early one on mine but should have a late and you can see that the edges need spacing out slightly to get it to line up with the leading edge of the arch...

Yeah all the bolts seem to line up. its fitted ok apart from the corners where they hook onto, bumper seems to sag rather then be up against the arch. The thing is that the fog lights arent flush with the bumper, theyre set in slightly, which would indicate that the bumper is an early one. Which doesnt explain why it doesnt fit properly.

Does anyone have a pic of an early and late bumper to compare the fogs and indicators (see how they sit in comparison to mine)?

Whats the width of the early and late bumpers?