Sign in to follow this  
davebirl

Corrado Foglight Protectors

After 4 years of Corrado Ownership I have bought 4 sets of Foglights due to stone chips and cracks. That is almost 1000 euros of foglights! I have made up these foglight protectors and want to get some opinions please.

Using clear suction cups with brass thumbs screws as below.

Image054.jpg

I have fixed them to 8mm polycarbonate cut in the shape of the foglight and indicator using a broken foglight housing as below. The polycorbonate is crystal clear and will not chip or dull like perspex.

Image053.jpg

Image052.jpg

The idea is you can afix these on long journeys and remove easily on arrival. The suction cups are very very strong and are difficult to just pull off so they will not fall off when travelling.

Image051.jpg

Image056.jpg

What do you guys think?

I was the same but indicators were my problem 3 n/s and 2 o/s in 4 years

so i came up with this mounted on suction cups like your's but with a blob of clear silicon for extra hold leave mine on all the time

bumpdone.jpg

less visable from farther away

frontview.jpg

itsstillyellow.jpg

if you could shortern the mounts on your's so they sit flush with the bumper you would sell loads on here why not go into production 8)

RobWales.gif

sure I could sell 'em but what are they worth?

Lol, well how much does it cost you to make? Cost of parts plus your time? Do you want to make a profit on them? Give us an idea of how much you might be thinking?

what I thought was good about the suction cup idea is that its so easy to reverse. 2 secs pop then on and 2 sec pull them off again.

They may well stay on at that speed, but will they survive if hit with a stone at that speed? Though they would still take the impact so should work well. They do sit a bit far out though, imo.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I reckon I need to get them to sit more flush to the bumper. Back to the drawing board! :)

What will they be like at 100mph?

You can take them off before you go on the track! :lol:

Where else you you do that kinda speed?! :wink: