Sign in to follow this  
dazleng

Borbet 9J x 16 alloys on a Corrado G60

Hi, I was interested in putting a set of Borbet 9J x 16" on my Corrado G60 and was wondering if I would need the arches doing or coilovers putting on. They are the same size allround with 215/40 tyres and an Et of 15. The car has not been lowered. Has anyone got any experience of putting these wheels on their car. Cheers. :) Similar to these on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&item=180004406503&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

If your cars not lowered id have thought they'd fit.

Im not positive tho. And youd probably be left with a nice 4x4 ride height.

I'm running those wheels all round on my g60 i believe, running with supersprint coilovers

I'm gonna be selling my borbets in next few weeks.

There nothing been done to the front arches as far as i know, The rears are standard and do catch on big bumps, left rear more so as think top mount or bush is worn

Running 205/40/16 tyres

Chris

scarlett had 9x16 ET15 Borbets on both her valvers (the latter of which is now owned by Jim) - if it's not lowered then you won't need to do the arches but it'll look rather daft; if you do lower it, then you'll need to fold up the return lips on the rear arches, and the fronts will catch slightly on full lock - but that's all... oh, and you may need to do the front arch return lips as well if it's not a late-spec body...

Did you need to put the coilovers on or was it through preference? How much you looking for yours?

Coilovers were already on the car

Pm sent regarding price

Chris

scarlett had 9x16 ET15 Borbets on both her valvers (the latter of which is now owned by Jim) - if it's not lowered then you won't need to do the arches but it'll look rather daft; if you do lower it, then you'll need to fold up the return lips on the rear arches, and the fronts will catch slightly on full lock - but that's all... oh, and you may need to do the front arch return lips as well if it's not a late-spec body...

Not sure if my rear arches have been rolled or not (Dave?) but even with stuff in the boot and 3 people in the car i've not noticed any scrubbing.

As Dave says though, the front does occasionally rub on full lock depending on the gradient of the surface i'm on, etc.

for a start u need at least 205/40 tyres but personally 215/35 will look best and you will need coilovers otherwise you will have nice wheels that look shit on the car coz its too high

Not sure if my rear arches have been rolled or not (Dave?) but even with stuff in the boot and 3 people in the car i've not noticed any scrubbing.

As Dave says though, the front does occasionally rub on full lock depending on the gradient of the surface i'm on, etc.

Ruby's have had the return lip on the rear arches cut back...