Sign in to follow this  
emax

Badly Cracked windscreen | Respray time??

On the way in this morning, a truck coming the other way passes me... loud bang... I think what the f&^k. Then notice a large spidery mark on my windscreen.

30secs later and crrraraaaaccckkkk. Big windscreen crackage!

I'm hoping this is covered by my insurance - will check when I get back home. I might have a £50 windscreen excess but need to check the policy.

If it's not covered by the insurance, it might be time to bite the bullet and get the car resprayed. They'll be able to get a much better finish around the screen if it's not in when the car is resprayed I guess.

Not yet sure if the car is safe to drive - any way of checking? I've heard that if you can feel the crack with your finger on only one side it's ok to drive or something??

if you get it done yourself (rather than someone supplied by insurance company) get someone good, they are a c*nt to fit properly

to be honest I would have thought it was safe to drive, windscreens are pretty strong, even if you can feel it on both sides

I've gotta put a hammer through mine some time soon, as my seal has lifted across the top of the windscreen :(

I've gotta put a hammer through mine some time soon, as my seal has lifted across the top of the windscreen :(

I've got this little problem too, is there no way of re-sealing it without having a new screen fitted?

I've got this little problem too, is there no way of re-sealing it without having a new screen fitted?

what do I care? :lol:

its a free replacement for a new screen, get one with the coloured sun visor at the top, new seals, and roberts your fathers brother 8)

you can reseal it, you can buy the sealant from Halfrauds, I'd just prefer to get a proper job, with all new screen :)

NB - For a good temporary measure when it is pissing down with rain..........................................

Hubba Bubba, in fact I think there's still a bit under mine!!!!!