Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Funny Letter To A Dealer

Got a copy of this from a teacher that bought a mini cooper Convertable for her retirement, she's having no end of trouble with it. She's actually just sent this to BMW headquarters.

It's really good!

Dear Sir,

Let me tell you a story:

Once upon a time, after saving for many years, a trendy old gran became the proud owner of a brand new Mini Cooper. However, her delight and excitement was quickly extinguished when she discovered that the ‘service’ offered along with her lovely hot orange Mini convertible was to say the least, lukewarm.

Undaunted she persevered with her increasingly strained relationship with the BMW dealership and gladly accepted the apologetic bouquet, but would really have preferred a real apology and no further repeats of the flagrant incompetence.

Unfortunately, matters did not improve. Latest episodes involving the dealership began to verge on the farcical and the trendy old gran began to lose her sense of humour. Let me tell you the latest…..

Early in June the lock on her glove compartment jammed and on returning it to the dealership was told that a new glove compartment was needed. This was ordered and fitted, unfortunately when gran returned to her mini it was minus the lock. Gran was dismayed that the car had just been returned in this way with no explanation so promptly telephoned Lister Park BMW. An excuse of ‘the lock was faulty’ was promptly proferred and assurance given that the problem would be rectified and a new lock re-fitted on Friday 30th June. The vehicle was again to be picked up from ******** Primary school and returned the same day.

Thursday 29th June ansaphone message on gran’s ‘phone from LP BMW to say the parts were in could gran ring to make an appointment to have them fitted. Funny thought gran according to my diary it is being picked up tomorrow anyway. This was followed by another ansaphone message telling gran to ignore the first message as the parts were not in and to ring to make another appointment. “Thank goodness”, thought gran, “I feared senile dementia.”

Friday 30th June at ********* Primary School and guess what? A man came to collect the Mini to have the glove compartment fitted. Gran explained the two messages from the previous day and the man promptly ‘phoned to check if he should take the vehicle. He was informed that there was no point as the part had not arrived. The man returned to base very embarrassed.

Time passed and by Monday 10th July there had been no contact from LPBMW, so in the now accustomed manner gran ‘phoned them. No, the part hadn’t come in, but it should be here today or tomorrow as parts are usually delivered in 7 to 10 days. It was ordered on Thursday 29th June ( one week after BMW knew that they had delivered the Mini back to gran minus a lock).

Gran said she would ring back on Wednesday 12th July and check on progress. But the man from LPBMW made a surprise visit to gran’s school. Gran was delighted! But, not for long. The man was clutching the original job sheet ( fitting of a glove compartment). Gran’s alarm was noticed by the man who thought it might be a good idea to ring and check if the lock was in and that maybe they had just forgotten to ring. No the part wasn’t in and LPBMW had no idea why they had been sent. The man departed greatly embarrassed, as he had been the second driver on a previous wasted journey to ******** Primary School.

Today is Friday 14th July and gran is not really enjoying the enforced constant opening and closing of the convertible roof as she trots around in her Mini in this lovely weather. All gran would like is some decent service like that offered by her previous garage, but really has given up all hope of that ever happening.

There is of course always an up side to times like this. This farce has kept gran’s colleagues, their family and friends very entertained and can’t wait for the next episode. More recently she been requested to serialise this on the internet which of course she is happy to do.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

i once went to fetch a part from bmw for my girlfriends car ,and the lad in the parts department had no idea what an e36 was !!! i had to point at cars on the carpark and explain it was the one before that one (pointing at a later model) didn't fill me with confidence

Hmmm..

My first thought as a MINI dealer is there's probably two sides to this story.

I dont know if thats copied word for word, but what has a glovebox fault got to dowith her convertable roof!?

And a delay on a lock for a glovebox doesnt really warrent the dealer being named in person before the issue put forward for BMW customer relations to have an input.

However, I can understand her frustrations!

it has something to do with the roof as in a convertible you can lock valubles in the glovebox and leave the roof down, if the locks broken she would need to put the roof up instead.

coolrado, true, but youve gotta be crazy to leave stuff in the glove box these days.. plus, the boot is fully lockable with the roof down.. and its about the same size :lol: