Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

fan only works on 1?

the fan on my heater only seems to work on number 1, any idea why 2,3,4 dont work?

i used the search but only found threads on heaters/fan not working at all!?

Mine's the same - it works on 1 and 4 - think it's a fairly common fault. You can find new fan parts quite cheap on Ebay that should sort it. I'm sure this is covered somewhere on the forum though. Nice looking C by the way!

dont surpose you know what parts i should be after do you?

oh and thanks for comment on my C, yours is pretty tidy to tho Bojmobile,

i thought it would have been a relay or something, because it dose work

(if only on 1) so the motor is going!?

but ill give this a go and see what happens.

thanks for the link and all mate.

Yeah i think so - copper conatcts corrode, get dirty and also bend with wear so it may only be making contact at stage 1...

The usual problem is that it only works on 4...... this is due to a blown thermal fuse..... if it is only working on 1 I would first check the contacts at the switch, make sure that the socket is correctly pushed into the plug on the blower unit in the passenger side dash and if that hasn't sorted it do a continuity check on each of the wires coming from the switch to the fan

Yeah i think so - copper conatcts corrode, get dirty and also bend with wear so it may only be making contact at stage 1...

cool, just sorting a similar problem on mine [except i have the more common only-works-on-4 fault]... stupid question tho - how does the facer plate come off of the heater control knobs, i started prising it a moment ago and cracked it???? :?

finally got to soldering in the new thermal fuse yesterday morning... didn't make a blind bit o' difference :x

so off to Euro Car Parts i toddled and bought a new resistor pack for 20 notes... only thing is that the one i've been sold is only for a 4-pin power feed connection - missing the centre pin altogether... then it rained and i had to drive home with no de-misters :bad-words:

one is not amused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mines stopped working on any setting.....any ideas as to what to change first?

argh,.

Ive the same problem in my early 16V, its been sitting up for 8 months now so im thinking the low battery could be a factor. I might pick up a fan motor and see if replacing it makes any difference.

cool, just sorting a similar problem on mine [except i have the more common only-works-on-4 fault]... stupid question tho - how does the facer plate come off of the heater control knobs, i started prising it a moment ago and cracked it???? :?

they prise from the drivers side-gently

fascias still available ffrom the stealers £34