Sign in to follow this  
toon vw

sunroof problems in the north east

I'm picking up my first c on monday a dragon green vr, & the only problem there is with it (so far) is the sunroof cable snapped a few months back & is now permanently closed, as far as i can gather after reading various threads i need a sunroof repair kit but don't really want to go to the stealers for obvious reasons... other than that i would'nt have the foggiest what to do with it any way!!! so i was wondering if anyone else in the newcastle area has ever been as shite as me & had to take it to a garage or body shop or whatever to get sorted & if so ....where & how much etc. any help or advice would be fantastic while the sun is still shining 8) or even if anyone out there is a bit handy with those drivescrewers or what ever they are called fancies earning a few extra dubloons. cheers

If I remember correctly H8RRA mentioned on another thread that he is good with the sunroof and he is in NE. I think he said the going rate is about £120 supplied and fitted for a new mech. I wish I could find somewhere that cheap down here to fix my roof!!!

£120 supplied and fitted for a new mech/quote]

:shock: :shock:

My friendly local dealer quoted me near enough £450 to replace a my sunroof cable :(

If anyone needs this doing I am happy to do the job for £100 if you can get hold of the bits. I seem to remember the bits are about £30 from VW? or you could get a whole mech from a Passat for about £10 at a breakers.

Jay

I think H8RRA's quote was for a passat sunroof swap, possibly inclusive of the sunroof... but dont quote me on that. I'm sure he'd be only too happy to help in exhange for a few beer tokens, drop him a PM toon vr, hes only in Boldon near Sunderland.

£120 supplied and fitted for a new mech/quote]

:shock: :shock:

My friendly local dealer quoted me near enough £450 to replace a my sunroof cable :(

complete replacement not for the mech - thats geting the passat moonroof so sourcing, removing and replacing in another car -

icewhitesocks roof was replaced with a std emch if you want an opinion - he seemed like a happy chappy when he left :wink:

Yeah but he wears white socks!

Where is he these days anyway?

Paul FFS please get the engine plastics and find my control panel from the SS garage will ya?

Chris