Sign in to follow this  
holz24

Engine advice needed, Thanks! :o)

I have recently had a new head and a heater matrix. the radiator pipe thats conected to the water container thing? (to the right of the engine bay, lol) while the car is running its slightly sqeezable which u would expect, however when i turn the engine off it becomes solid, as if there is a build up of pressure? i know corrados have a high pressure engine and do run hot.... but should the pipe become solid? please help! thanks alot :o)

Welcome to the forum!

Change the cap on the expansion tank - especially if the old one is black (new ones are blue - £5 from VW)

Ye its a VR6, it has got the old black cap on the tank, ill try a new one from vw then! will that reduce the pressure?

thanks alot :o)

Thanks alot for that! i phoned vw 2day, the new cap will be there 2moro morning!

Thanks again :o)

im not sure....

the new car hasnt solved the problem!

an the car is now losing water again, probs the radiator?

n e ideas?

thanx!

As above check the electric pump is working first, with the ignition on (not engine) it should 'buzz'

It's just behind the coil pack / dizzy (where the 6 leads plug in) and it's about the size of a red bull can with an electrical connection to the top of it and 2 water hoses at the bottom...

Also look for any other signs of a leak, usually in the form of white powdery deposits...

Hi, sorry I should have said - there is a pressure release valve built into the cap - they are known to fail with age...

will that be the same case for my G ? :oops:

I have finally got my vr6 sorted out! the reason it was losing water and runnin at a v.high temp was cos the secondary water pump had actually ceased! when the bloke removed the part it broke in to two!... since ive had the new pump fitted its running like a dream!... :) sooooooo happy! and it was only £150! bargin :)

Yeah.. the secondary is comparatively easy to fit :) Watched dinkus fit one to his VR6 shortly before we drove to Germany.. only took a bit of time as he'd just got there and the engine was still burning hot! Needless to say a lot of swearing accompanied the procedure! :)