Sign in to follow this  
scarlett

anyone had a A4 V6 quattro?

evening all...

am beginning to enjoy this big V6 saloon malarky - even if it is in a battered old Audi 80 - so am thinking of changing my hunt for a decent pajero/shogun to a hunt for a A4 estate with the 2.8 V6 and quattro... I need something I can tow a horsebox with but I am really not keen on loosing any performance and dropping to big lumbering 2.5tdi 4x4. been looking for car alternatives to try and get the best of both worlds, decent driving car but with a bit of pulling power, saw a nice A4 estate today - albeit a bit out of price range - and it got me thinking, an amazing feat in its own right!!!

anyone had one and had to tow caravan etc with it? anyone had/driven one - what they like?

I really am just desperate to get a rado again, need something that can fill the gap until I can afford to run two cars or do a tdi 4 wheel drive conversion to a rado.... :) (in my dreams.... )

cheers....

Well mate, My family car is an Audi A4 tdi 2.5quattro 180bhp... Truely an amazing car... the V6 lump has so much torqe is unbeleivable

Car cruises!! and I know for a fact it would give my VR6 a run for its money any day.....

Most amazing thing is economy though.... £20 gives me 180miles and most of that is around town....

Mines the 2001 model so inside is really nice... Alu dash pieces, full leather and top sound system...

I rank them 100%, far better than the BMW we had!!!

Its weird really....

I had a Golf Anni Tdi too, which may i say was very quick too, still had the usual diesel sound but the turbo's are loud and you get used to them...

The V6 tdi is sort of the same but you can tell it a wopping lump as it screams when under load along with a whistling turbo...

I'm not to sure if I could step away from a diesel now... There performace is amazing.. I always upset petrol heads..

Even raced a BMW Z4 3.0 through 2 carrage ways, dusted him through the gears and he neary wrote it off on the round about....

You can't mess with quattros... sticks like glue...