Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Can you guess what it is yet? or "learn about VW histor

I saw a type 181 done up to look like a kubel wagon, complete with machinegun only painted in florescent pink, green and yellow camoflage pattern!

Now that messed with your hangover! :lol:

H yeah my ultimate aircooled (or maybe a barn-door samba) but the Notch will always be a "first love" I traded quite hard to get that! and as you can see from the photo it was slammed! The ground clearance was 3 fingers and no hyrdo's or airbags!

I can see why you were put off by the indictor housings, good call!

Any-one in the London area should come along to Volksfest London this week-end. http://www.vwaction.com

A warning, if you come across a "ratty" vw don't assume it's a heap, I've a friend who's ratter will outpace a 996 carrera4 over the 1/4 mile! now that's quick and road legal!

Works for plenty of Corrado's too.. they're not all the shiniest newest things on the road so people in BMW's etc quite often assume that they'll be easy pickings to show off the power of the new repmobiles to their passengers, etc.

Surprised quite a few powerful BMW's and Mercs in my old G60 ;)

DaveVR6, yup, basically it is... (although Hitler never actually drove anything, he had a driver! ;) :lol: )

vwdeviant, I started off with air-cooled... had an L plate type 2 van with a 2.1 porsche engine in it and a 1200 gearbox... pulled wheelies 'cos it was sooooo low to the ground and had such silly gearing... ended up scrapping it due to chassis damage... :(

Also had an M plate beetle which I never finished restoring due to ending up at University and sold onto a mate who used it for parts... :(

Then I got hooked on MKI Gtis and it all got a bit faster, wetter (!) and sillier from there on in... ;)

H Faster and sillier?

Have you seen Pete Enzogliogo??? (Cogbox)'s baby Fiat 500 with a very hot VW Flat4 in it? Pulls the biggest wheelstands I've ever seen! And that was just outside the Ace Cafe!

Probably be at Volksfest London this weekend.... I hope!

yup, 252BHP in my 'rado's plenty silly enough at the moment... wouldn't like to try that in an aircooled format... I know it's do-able (there's a guy just down the road from work with a 500bhp road legal beetle!) but it's just tooooooo much cost...

DaveVR6, yup, basically it is... (although Hitler never actually drove anything, he had a driver! ;) :lol: )

Zieg Heil!

Zieg Heil -> Chitty Chitty Bang Bong? :cuckoo:

*slowly backs away as this thread's getting a bit tooo weird now....*

Zieg Heil!

I believe its actually Sieg Heil as opposed to Zieg Heil :wink:

I never did do very well at school {always looking out the window} :lol:

:lol: looks like this history lesson's turned into a German Language lesson!

well if you want to quote a German saying best get it right,in typical Tuetonic efficency obviously :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zieg Heil!

I believe its actually Sieg Heil as opposed to Zieg Heil :wink:

:oops: I did check with google first!