Sign in to follow this  
Nick_Micouris

LUPO gti wiper still not arrived!

Anyone still got the same problem as me?? I ordered my LUP Gti wiper set from VW in MAY and have still not received one of them. Been driving around with one lupo wiper (drivers side only) now for way too long.

I am really surprised anything could take so long to order!

This might technically be a problem for you, but it's probably better suited to general.

ps Had mine on order for about 4 months so you're not alone! :)

I really don't know what the deal is here, I walked into the dealer and got the blades off the shelf but had to wait until the following morning for the arms.

Many other cars use the same system now, so keep an eye out for Halfords selling them soon.

Kev

I've been waiting about 14 weeks now... My car's not on the road at the moment, so I'm not that fussed really... Bit annoying that a part can take that long to come though, you'd be stuffed if you OWNED a lupo GTI that someone nicked the wipers off! :? :lol:

Don't suppose there's anyone with a local dealer, that has the parts in stock, that wants to do a Mod a favour? (worked for Andi ;))

I have heard from VW's head office that the parts were superceded by a new part number and are due back in stock any day THIS month. Mind you I have been being told that since June so it's a case of believe it when I see it :?

What's the advantage of these wipers? I thought the Lupo stuff was for mono wiper conversion, but apparently I was wrong :D

I'm quite happy with my stock wipers, after putting on some new blades, and doing a little grinding on the posts in the arms. No more unwiped spot right in front of the driver....

Skye

What's the advantage of these wipers? I thought the Lupo stuff was for mono wiper conversion, but apparently I was wrong :D

I'm quite happy with my stock wipers, after putting on some new blades, and doing a little grinding on the posts in the arms. No more unwiped spot right in front of the driver....

Skye

The advantage is they actually work! I did the dremel mod on my original ones but in heavy rain and at high motorway speeds they still lifted. The springs just aren't strong enough.

The lupo arms have much stiffer springs and the blades themselves are super flexible (they physically arc when lifted off the screen) so they hug the screen's contours super tight.

They also offer a larger sweep area over stock.

One of the best Corrado mods I've seen to date.

Kev