Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Money transaction to a german bank...

Right guys i won a set of 16" BBS split rims on ebay the other day, the guy has got in touch with me, so all is well.

Anyway i want to send payment via wire transfer from my account into his account in germay...

He has given me all his bank details although they seem different to our Sort code & Bank account number system....

Will my bank sort out the wire transfer for me if if supply his details??

I have never really dealt with anyone in germany before, so iam a bit new to all this foreign bank account stuff... 8)

You fill in the transfer form the most important numbers are the IBAN (International Bank A/C? and the BICC but get both his and his bank's full name and address too! Its quite staight foraward with that info

first one i did i had no confidence in, but it went through fine. The iban makes it easier for your bank, but i havnt had one yet and have still had no problem.

Just saves them checking the bank/sort code at the other end or something?

I just walked into my bank, sat down with someone and we rattled through 4-5 screen figuring out what was what. It then pings to there head office and where someone who does them all day long picks it up and sorts it.

If theres anything missing or any prob they will phone you straight back the same day anyway.

Its easier than you think. Have you sorted a delivery co or del price yet??

Yeah i have all his details so i take it a can just pop into my local abbey branck and fill out a form?

first one i did i had no confidence in, but it went through fine. The iban makes it easier for your bank, but i havnt had one yet and have still had no problem.

Just saves them checking the bank/sort code at the other end or something?

I just walked into my bank, sat down with someone and we rattled through 4-5 screen figuring out what was what. It then pings to there head office and where someone who does them all day long picks it up and sorts it.

If theres anything missing or any prob they will phone you straight back the same day anyway.

Its easier than you think. Have you sorted a delivery co or del price yet??

Yeah delivery is all sorted aswell, not cheap but then again i got the rims cheap so i am not too bothered... 8)

Shoudl take you to one side and tap it all in with you, which means it goes straight to the head office when they hit a key.

Im halifax, and although the girl had never done one we sussed it no probs and they gaurantee the payment will go out that day if you go in before 1pm.

if head office are unsure they will call you first, they make sure its a real bank account at the other end and all the details stack up, or they will come back and ask for more specific info. Suspect Abbey will be exactly the same.

Southamptons much bigger than Salisbury/Andover, so theyve prob done a lot more in your branch too

ive got my last print out at work, if you get stuck tom give me a buz and ill go through it with you. pm sent

was8v, not always... and it depends on how fast you want the cash to get there... ;)