Sign in to follow this  
Slangwerks

How much arch work required? And how low?

Just picked up my first C (G-plate valver) and I'm looking to change the wheels for something a touch fatter!

Ideally I'd like to go around 7.5 or 8x15 on the front and 8 or 9x15 (16"s in these widths are also a possibility)

Car is currently 60mm lower but I'm hoping to get a further drop in ride height to get the stance I'm after (80mm sounds about right)

How much work will I have to do to the arches? will rolling (folding the outer lips up) be enough or will I have to flare them too?

Also, what's the minimum offset youcan go to on a 7X15 with 45 profiles without fouling the arches??

Cheers!!

Will

7.5 x16 ET 30 -> 35 will fit straight on with no problems..

8x16 ET 25-> 30 should fit with no problems, but I'd advise checking first as yours will be an early body car with the narrower wings, so you may find that the arches will need mild pulling...

9x16 you WILL need to be careful with your offsets but you can fit 'em (ask Jim what his Borbet Ts were as they were 9" all around IIRC, but his IS a later body so has an extra 10mm width on the arches)

9x16 et 15 with 205/40 tyres will fit straight on with 80mm drop and arch rolling

arch rolling WILL be rewuired to fit 9's unless u only drop 30-40mm which will look gay anyways

How much does it cost to get arches rolled and what exactly is involved?

I will be getting a vr soon and have 9x16 Brock wheels lined up for it and i am wanting to drop it for the wide look so im guessing i will need to roll the arches lol?

Rob.

How much does it cost to get arches rolled and what exactly is involved?

I will be getting a vr soon and have 9x16 Brock wheels lined up for it and i am wanting to drop it for the wide look so im guessing i will need to roll the arches lol?

Rob.

varies forom £25 to £50 per arch tbh... personally prefer cutting them out gets more clearence and easier to do

Thanks, i will look into it when i get the car then. I wont be putting the wheels on until i get it lowered anyway as it will look stupid having big wide wheels on 4x4 suspension :lol: