Sign in to follow this  
Jim

I hate car insurance...

why is there no set prices with insurance? if you bought a tv from currys for £700 if you wnet anywhere else you may find maximum £100 difference in prices, but iwth insurance on place cna say £800 fully comp and naother £2000 for exactly the same car!!!!! there really does need to be more investigative work into insurance companies workings and price structure...... it's fecked up :cuckoo:

All insurers will base their rates based on statistics such as claims (by area/age/type of car/occupation etc) etc and the type of business they are into for example @ hic where i work we are usually pretty good on modded dubs etc but if you buy a brand new mondeo our rates will be rubbish - its not what we are into.

Different brokers will also use different insurance underwriters and may get different rates based on how much business they put with a particular insurer and how profitable that account is (again claims!) eg you could phone 10 brokers and get 10 different quotes with the same underwriter!

Usually if you get a really high rate from a company it just means your details dont match up to what they are after but rather than refuse you they will offer you a very high price.

If all insurers offered the same rates that would suck cos you would end up with only one company and you would not be able to play insurers off each other to get a better deal. If it was as you said if you did get a high quote you would be stuck with it! Doesnt sound great to me imo..... :?

I could probably go on all day about how it all works but it would get very boring very quickly! :D

Whats the snag on getting the rado insured on classic insurance. Is there limited mileage etc?

again it will vary hugely depending on the company. Based on the classic policies we offer classic does usually have to be on limited mileage (7500 or lower), the car has to be 15yrs old or older and the customer must be 19 or older and held a full licence over 1year. The car does not have to be a 2nd vehicle but it will make the rates much better if it is.

Hope this helps a bit.