Sign in to follow this  
24v RADO

They might cancel my insurance.HELP

does anybody know what the make and model of the immobiliser fitted to a 2001 golf 4Motion, i've got one on my corrado and my insurance company need to know or they will cancel my insurance.

i contacted my local VW dealer and he said he would get back to me, he didn't.

i looked on my MOT certificate as suggested by my insurance company but it isn’t there.

does anyone know where else i can look.

any help would be much appreciated.

martin. :roll: :?:

i think you might have to get a decent seperate alarm/imob,if the std vw one was up to the job,the insurance co would know what make/model it would be.

that's what thought they said the one i've got is fine but they need more info, i don't know why they don't have on there data base as a 4motion security setup , i've spent the last too weeks trying to sort this.

Maybe best to ask Jay how he got around insuring the rado with regards to security..........

ive been having trouble with insurance and alarms ive taken out 3 policys in the last month ended up cancelling 2 and getting full refunds. spoke to HIC they we fine with my alarm & immobiliser. didnt have to send proof either

Have you not got a standard C immobiliser too? I can try and find out the 4motion one tomorrow for you anyway. ;)