Sign in to follow this  
Baz2004

16V KR Switch / Sender Part Numbers (Coolant / ECU)

Does anyone have the part nos for the switches attached to the right side of the 1.8 KR cylinder head?

Im looking for switches above and below the water flange and the idle control switch model nos.

switches.jpg

A, B and C are the same part but that design of NTC temperature sender is no longer available. They were part number 027 919 501 but these have been supercceeded back to the old 049 919 501. To use these new design senders you have to open up the spade terminal so that it will fit around the disc. I insulate the back of the terminal to prevent it touching any earths if it should move. The idle switch part number is 027 133 061 A but beware as the last few I have had, came with the wiring outputs reversed and I had to swap around the terminals in the harness plug.

Ah! in that case these are the same as the ones you can get from GSF for about £3 each! 8) ;)

The idle switch is the C switch in the diagram, I replaced this last yr with a GSF switch but I couldn’t remember the VW part no.

There were no wiring outputs included just the switch I used a spade terminal to join it to the red and green wire.

Are you sure A and B in the pic are the exact same part/switch - Im sure they size and thread is the same but do they have the same function - degree thresholds? - whats the GSF part no on these?

The switches are all the same except the one around the back of the head, which is for oil temperature and is part number 049 919 563 A and this had a white ID band whereas the others have a black band. The designated position for coolant temperature sensing for the idle control/over run cut off control unit in the centre consul is “A” in your picture and has a green/red wire. “B” is for the ignition ECU with a blue/white wire and “C” is for the instruments with yellow/red wire. To be honest, I have seen them in all combinations and it doesn’t upset the systems.

Does the idle valve buzz with the ignition on and the engine not running?

OK, that proves there is a connection between the sender and the control unit. The NTC sender should have a resistance of around 75 ohms when at around 100 degrees centigrade, so check that if you have a multimeter.