Sign in to follow this  
toon vw

my beautiful super smooth beasty is back

As it says up top, this is my first c, so i thought as i'd ran a sponge over it i might as well take some pics & say ' hi ' at the same time. :salute:

My vr is pretty clean if not mint, totally standard as you can see apart from one or two very subtle mods that only the very keen eyed would notice including a very nice 'Britax' forward facing child seat very neatly placed up front at the minute :roll: , & of course the obligitory corrado-forum.net car stickers looking pretty fly (as we say oop north) 8)

I don't really have any great plans to 'mod up' my vr, i'm more into the original look for my own cars, apart from perhaps some AZEV A's on 17" & maybe some red & crystal rear light which i think look pretty cool on this colour car...we'll have to see....

What on earth is going on with the white balance in those pics! :)

Car looks lovely and very clean - you just can't beat an original, tidy VR6 IMHO!

That sure as heck looks luuurvely, speedlines and splitter look mint too.

Happy B'Day btw :D

Hi,

Just seen your post, car looks superb! I have a set of brand new and still boxed Azev A in 8x17 the only size Azev in 17s that fit the Corrado. I'm asking around £475 or £700 with new Uniroyal Rainsports in 205/40R17. This is far cheaper than normal and includes all the bolts and the desirable flush locking centre caps

Regards

Gareth

11July001.jpg

ssoooooooooo tempted...... i reckon they would set the car off perfectly filling those arches up very well, don't think i've got that kind of spare cash at the minute (so wor lass says), might have hunt around for something a bit more.......second hand :(

cheers Mav3 for noticing it is my birthday, its more than the bloody kids did :lol:

Oh well, its a shame I can't tempt you, my lowest price is £425 or £650 inc. :wink: . Firstly to actually find a second hand set, and then the probable refurb and tyres will cost in excess of what i'm asking but I understand we don't always have spare cash lying around. Still, cars looking gleaming, welcome to the forum and enjoy the Corrado.

I don't really have any great plans to 'mod up' my vr, i'm more into the original look for my own cars, apart from perhaps some AZEV A's on 17" & maybe some red & crystal rear light which i think look pretty cool on this colour car...we'll have to see....

hehehe....good quotage.

Your cars dynamite as is.

right first update for ages....firstly i changed over my interior over from the older style greyish seats & door cards to the newer black stuff which is far nicer imo & it looks brand new aswell :wink: i've also put the newer chrome badges front & rear...*bling*

security wise i've added a full thatcham cat 1 toad system on it, now i feel alot better leaving it every night on my driveway!!

also added th g/b uprated headlight loom...& we have light :lol: :lol:

then started having a few problems...too say the least :( :( to cut a long story short i had a blown head gasket & chewed up piston rings...not good!

every cloud has a silverlining though & today i have just picked up my car from jimmi who has fitted his 64k milage engine into my bay as well as massive list of other bits & bobs fitted at the same time ie; new clutch, new brakes, engine mounts etc etc & lets just say its come back like a new car....mega mega thanks to jimmi for his hard work :notworthy:

all i can say is keep an eye on his members gallery aswell :wink:

just really enjoying playing with my vr again now after spending the last month driving the mrs's deisel scenic (thnks luv), i forgot how much fun it can be to drive again :lol: :lol:

planning on lowering the car slightly next & maybe some different wheels ....although i am partial to the originals, so this will have to be thought about for a while :silly:

everyone says about keeping it OE but the bottom line is the ride height is just too damn high.

Lower it mate!

wheels are personal choice, and I hate mine being back on the OE Speedlines after removing my 17"s for a refurb. But as I said, thats all personal taste

everyone says about keeping it OE but the bottom line is the ride height is just too damn high.

Lower it mate!

wheels are personal choice, and I hate mine being back on the OE Speedlines after removing my 17"s for a refurb. But as I said, thats all personal taste

Old Daves not wrong with that shout the lower the better and a nice set of wheels to go with :-P

well, mine scraps the front spoiler/splitter on my drive now, and thats not a huge curb by any means, and having games chasing my sisters Astra round the curlies the other day bottomed me out once or twice! :oops:

even a small drop helps, just makes it sit that much better.

bigger wheels help fill the arches too imo, the pic in my signiture is with the 17"s, but before the drop, all down to personal choice though, I have 2.5" clearance from the front spoiler to mother earth now :lol:

sweet car though mate, looks in good condition, and very tidy 8)

Andy

Good to hear you got the C back on the road......and that engine you got appears to be the nutz...64K that should see the car going well into it's late twenties with no probs!!!!!

Glad your up and running again mate, ill keep my eyes open for you when im up north for a couple of weeks.

Pleased your happy with the car then mate !!

You should have one of the fittest VR6 engines about now, did it feel much faster on your way home ?

The car was running A1 really smooth and quiet, just the way they should !!

Below are those pictures i promised you !!! check my mate out in the back of the winnebago waving !!!

Jimmi...........................................

huzzaahh!

pleased you've got her back, bet you missed her a smidge?! bet she's fit as a lop now?

just got mine back from the paint shop & my mates done a fab job. if you want to have a look at the quality of his work gis a shout. but then i bet you want to enjoy driving it for the time being!

if jimmi reads this i'll be adding some pics to my gallery(i'll pm you when i've done it) hopefully this weekend, weather permitting so you can see your old motor! just put the momos back on too coz i just couldn't get away with the speedlines! much better!

Well....all i can say is, the difference between this 64k miles lump & my 117k lump is just immense, it feels so much more torquey & it just feels generally alot more willing to whiz up to that red line....weeeeeeee :tongue:

Thanks again jimmi you're obviously a quality engineer & a top bloke aswell.....see you again sometime next year when ive saved enough for a charger :wink:

Yeah purpley i'd love to see your motor again, bet its mint again now, you furbed the momo's aswell did'nt you?we'll have to sort some kind of meet up soon me thinks :norty:

Goldie wrote

Lets do a mini meet, im back in a weeks time and would like to see your cars.

Id be up for that, however ive got no motor in my car so ill have to get towed there by a camper van or summit !!!

Jimmi..........

Lets do a mini meet, im back in a weeks time and would like to see your cars

i'll be up for this too, never seen a storm in the metal so to speak!

mines back in the garage at the mo, f-n alarm & imobiler packed in! the wallet muncher strikes again! :lol:

Quote:Lets do a mini meet, im back in a weeks time and would like to see your cars

why not post something up in the 'meets' section & sort it out properly.

Id be up for that, however ive got no motor in my car so ill have to get towed there by a camper van or summit !!!

Hey jimmi i know where there's a cracking low milage engine at the minute...but i reckon the winnibago could be a good shout :lol:

if you fancy it i could come for you no problem or give your m3 an airing & show us what real power is !!!