Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

most of engine apart! advice/help please!

hi i took charger off yesterday was reasonably easy anyway i just started taking my inlet manifold and throttle body off is there anything i should watch out for thanks Andy

it seems like quite a hard job do i need to take fuel rail and injectors out too? also guys is there any seals/gaskets/bolts that i should replace why im there!

throttle. is 4 6mm allen keys plus hoses and boost return and switch connector. and loosen the 10mm bolt which holds the fuel sensor braket. the throttle should now come out. the inlet manifold is 6 6mm allen keys but really get them in before you try to turn them, you don't want to round them off.! also 4 big allen bolts which holds on to the rocker.. you dont need to remove the injectors these are held into head. .

hope this helps.

thats quality mate thanks how hard is it to get the allen bolts ones on the bottom of the inlet mani off!

tonight i took off throttle body boost return, isv and various boost pipes off! in doing so i think i've broke the wire that runs the fan never mind all a learning curve! cheers for advice thou!

The wire you have broke is prob the fan run-on which only works when ignition is off so its not that important.

If you need a hand i can pop ova 1 eve

cheers aide thats exactly what it is the fan run on! if i struggle i will let you know seriously need to knuckle down and get everything done thou at least a week before e38 as need to run in charger! are you going mate?

got that new power steering bracket to fit new rocker cover new inlet mani new throttle body and gonna get some stuff poilished and a few bits painted!

that wire should be the brown one. it works by earthing out. so if it is damgling make sure you tape it. cos it will make the fan run on and on draining the battery. if it does snap. just crimp on a 1/4" female spade connector.

difficult. get an extension. you'll need 100mm and a 25-50mm cos theres 3 short and 3 long ones. oh and i hope you don't like the skin on your hands.

hi all can i just say when i took the chrager off it allows you to take the auxillary belt off! should i replace this now?

also is there anything else that you guys/girls think i should replace while engine is still out of the car!

appreciate any advice thanks Andy

hi lads bump cany anyone tell me if its worth cleaning injector rail please could really do with some advice regarding the rail and if its worth replacing auxillary belt while im there!

nah. just dont worry about them unless your changing them for red tops.

the aux belt. do you mean the cam belt.? if so, why not their cheap enough.

if your in a position to easily change anything, then i would do it... will save you time later on and atleast you can say its been done.

thats what i was thinking mike some good news thou got inlet mani off last night rite pain in the arse! especially with a pissy 6mm allen key! as i have no extensions!

so now everything is off and getting sorted except!

the head,block and sump!

better start paint and polishing hadn't i!

will take a pic of empty engine bay dont like it!