Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

General tuning principles

I have learnt an awful lot about my engine from the people and posts on here. There are still some that scare me like Chris's latest Hyrdo Dynamics comment :shock:

Although not in their league i still tend to assume everyone knows generally about compression, stroke, turbos, chargers, valves, cams etc and how they can increase power and/or torque.

However, if you don't, i think this explains everything really well, hey i understand it!

http://www.alfaboxertuning.fws1.com/

Yes, i know its Alfa related, but the theory still stands! :p

Not trying to teach about eggs and sucking, but i'll admit i knew sh.t when i started on here, and worse still i thought i did :roll:

I'm not naming you all, but there are plenty on here that will not need to read this :notworthy:

NickVR6, am still very much a noob when it comes to car and engines but sometimes I find I know more than I realise when reading posts from the many knowledgable folks on here.

Link saved - will read at dinner, nice one Nick.

Ofcourse every post/link read means another search for funds to pay for the latest "cunning plan" :lol:

long may it continue!

Link saved - will read at dinner, nice one Nick.

Ofcourse every post/link read means another search for funds to pay for the latest "cunning plan"

long may it continue!

Your not rong mate - always bad when when you aint got enough cash for the mods

Thanks Chris, only difference being i'm driving like an old man and Lippy's giving it some monty, lol!

Defo do a track day next year.

The only time i stop buying bits is when i get a call from the credit card company or the wife actually physically knocks me out!

The only time i stop buying bits is when i get a call from the credit card company or the wife actually physically knocks me out!

To true me old mate :lol:

Thats what my misses keeps sayin stuff like that - But they cant have what I aint got :lol:

(says nothing about limp wristed wave at the camera) ;) :lol:

that pic was me at Anglesey last year - need to do that again!

very good post nick and i have to put my hand up since owning the corrado and being on the forum i have learnt a hell of alot about my car and am just undertaking my biggest job now! with help from the forum so would like to say thanks to all and hopefully one day ill be able to write a post to help someone!

Cheers Andy