Sign in to follow this  
16vradge

VW service history

Is it possible to retrieve service history from VW?

The history I have with my car has a 3 year gap - I have the original sales slip from VW, check sheet etc (1991), then 3 years later (1994) it was sold as approved used by the same dealer, I have full history from there on.

Do dealers keep records of jobs on file? :scratch:

Cheers, Gav

Yes they do, but I'm not sure how far back they go. Doubtful they'll keep records over 10 years? Give 'em a call.

Someone told me about it and said there might be a charge, worth paying a few £ though if I can get complete S/H. I did think it might be to long ago - I'll give 'em a ring tonight/tomorrow and let you know what they say and how much it costs.

Cheers

I got a fax for free and was surprised to see full VW history to date.

I heard if you go in and buy a replacement service book they will stamp it up according to their records.

Just give the dealer the registration and they will print out all the services, breakdowns and recalls it's had... you won't be able to get the actual reciepts for the work tho unless you go back to that particular garage if it still exists...

It's Smith Knight Faye in Stockport - still there, I'll probably drop in on way to Tatton Park if they can do receipts too. Fingers X'd

Gave VW a ring today, they called me back and spooled off tonnes of history, but unfortunately none of it was for the first 3 years and I've got all the rest from 1994 onwards :cry: