Sign in to follow this  
Taggart

Replacement key with immob. VW rip me off

Right, I got 2 new keys for the rado.. £25, nice.

Went to order one for the missus polo, and VAG are charging me £158 (£48 for the key and £110 to program it) Is there any way to program it yourself or am I gonna have to bite the bullet? :mad:

I think they can chanrge what they like but most dealers do it for about £40 (30 mins labour - and it takes about 10!)

I have a mate who used to work for rover, who said it takes literally a matter of minutes to program a key.

If they're going to charge you £110, and you have no choice, ask what the mechanic rate per hour is, and then say you'll pay on the condition that you watch the whole process. :mad: THIEVES!! :mad:

Might be worth calling GPC and seeing if they can do this kind of thing as they seem to have access to the parts system like the dealers do...

I think they can chanrge what they like but most dealers do it for about £40 (30 mins labour - and it takes about 10!)

I have a mate who used to work for rover, who said it takes literally a matter of minutes to program a key.

If they're going to charge you £110, and you have no choice, ask what the mechanic rate per hour is, and then say you'll pay on the condition that you watch the whole process. :mad: THIEVES!! :mad:

if you went in a VW dealer and said that we'd let you watch but still have to charge you the set amount whatever

all it is is a number stored on the key what a ripp , do you have a local news rag mate ? tell vag that you will tell them about vags ripp offs papers love that stuff