Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

Santa Monica alloys on Corrado

Has anyone seen a set on VW Santa Monica alloys on a Corrado ????

I've always thought they were a lovely looking rim!!!! Just wondered how they'd look on a Corrado with stretched tyres...

Anyone got any pics ???

i was temted by these a while back, if you want some mtc R32 i have a mate who will be selling a set very soon, £250 with 215/45/17 avon/dunlops, so you will need tyres, but the 4 tyres on them are nearly new, so flog them on afterwards. :wink:

Nice one Kev...

yeh know what you mean about them corroding, but saying that I had them on My Mk4 gti for 3 years and they had no problems with them!!!

Guess its a case of keeping on top of them with washing and polishing...

I'm very impressed with the way they look... Cheap enough these days too!!!

Must be quite a light weight wheel for you to be looking at them Kev.. :lol:

i was temted by these a while back, if you want some mtc R32 i have a mate who will be selling a set very soon, £250 with 215/45/17 avon/dunlops, so you will need tyres, but the 4 tyres on them are nearly new, so flog them on afterwards. :wink:

Are they originals mate or copies ???

Do you know what the condition of them is ???

they are originals mate, if your intrested i can get you some pics hopefully tomorrow.

Top fella.....

Mucho apprecio.... 8)

I don't know what they weigh tbh, I wasn't overly concerned with weight back then! :-) The average weight of a strong 17 is 10Kg. Light ones vary from 7 to 8.5Kg but look for flow formed wheels if they're light as they're much stronger. AFAIK, only BBS and Speedline flow form..... the Turini and RC are 8)

Flow forming is where they spin the molten alloy in it's mould to compact the molecules tighter together for extra strength.....

By and large, if a wheel looks heavy, it is heavy! My Oettingers being a classic example of that....they're 10.5Kg!