Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Wheel advice needed - just need confimation !!!!!

Just put the first of my newly acquired and newly refurbed alloys on and noticed a potential problem I'd welcome advice on.

The wheels had previously been on a Valver for two years with no problems but although the collar that sits on the central spigot is the right diameter its about 22mm shallower than it really needs to be, this leave me with two queries:

1. Are they OK as they are

2. If not does anybody know if I can buy the same diameter but 22mm deeper collars

Hopefully the pic should help to explain what I'm on about

I'm torn here, common sense is telling me that there is a problem but they've just come off a Corrado where the fitment was identical

At a guess they should be ok.

My reasoning is that as long as the bolt holes in the wheel have a 'V' shaped profile to match the 'V' profile on the wheel bolts then it should self centre if you fit and opposite pair to finger tight and then do around half a turn on each and alternate until they are tight.

This should ensure the wheel is centred on the hub.

They are not ideal because the inner rim should really sit in the flange to enable a good centre but I think that is all the flange is there for.

Sorted it thankfully, tried the old collars from a set of spare wheels lying around in the garage and they were a perfect fit - just ot to make up my mind whether I like the wheels now