Sign in to follow this  
ben16v

Oil Cooler

well your going to have to change your oil and flush out your cooling system,you can get system flushes from any motor factors and then refill using g12+ antifreeze

change the oil cooler (about £40), and flush the coolant system. I wouldn't drive the car as you may risk getting water in the oil system.

Cheers

Mark

change the oil cooler (about £40), and flush the coolant system. I wouldn't drive the car as you may risk getting water in the oil system.

Cheers

Mark

I agree, but you're more likely to blow the oil into the water system and run the engine dry of oil if you're running it like this. The oil pressure is WAY higher than the water pressure so the oil will enter the water system and end up messing up pipework, radiator and expansion tank and cap...

Euro car parts do the cooler (genuine!) for about £25... I change them whenever I change my car now during the first service after a rather large bill caused by a dodgy one... :roll:

Good luck! 8)

The rubber water hoses don't like having oil in them as it eats them... :shock: :( You'll probably find that some of your water pipes will start to burst, so keep an eye out for that...

As long as you noticed it pretty quickly, there was still oil in the engine, you weren't thrashing the nuts off it when it went, and there was no "mayo" effect in the oil on the dipstick, you'll probably be OK with the rest of the engine...

Make sure that you flush out the radiator and entire cooling system (including heater matrix!) as much as you possibly can and you may find that you get away with it... :)