Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Couple of queries - how do i remove clutch?

I really need some help.

My Cars a 1991 G60

I bought a new oil pump for my rado months ago, and am trying to fit it now. The only problem is i cant find anything in the entire engine bay that looks like the part I have. Either Im really stupid, or i have the wrong part! (ordered from GSF). Im happy with either answer. :lol:

Heres what i have:

OilPump.jpg

My second question, is how the hell do I remove this wheel/cog?! lol. I keep going round and round in circles...literally!! :lol:

Wheel.jpg

Any help much appreciated.

Nick

Ok, oil pump now no longer a problem.

I still need to get this wheel/cog off though. Ive noticed, that its attached to the clutch the other side...how do i remove it all? Ive had a look in the wiki, and no luck, and the search didnt really help me much. :/

Remove the 4 allen bolts and smack it with a soft mallet, it should pop off. The clutch is on the other side of the engine :wink:

Remove the 4 allen bolts and smack it with a soft mallet, it should pop off. The clutch is on the other side of the engine :wink:

I love you...

I know the clutch is the other side, but they rotate together. :wink:

I love you...

I know the clutch is the other side, but they rotate together. :wink:

They're bolted to eiter ond of the Crankshaft. You might struggle to undo those bolts with no head or gear box on the engine, you might have to use a windy gun, to undo them, otherwise the crankshaft will just rotate.