Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Zarmann Headlights

Since the very first time i saw the 'famous' A4 Rado lights, i knew i had to have them. I researched and found the page with instructions, but that involved making a whole new casing for the lights...and i was buggered if i was gonna do that! So, A4 lights DO fit into rado headlight casing. But with ALOT (i mean alot) of trimming.

What do you think?

Lights.jpg

Ive only done one, but the other is getting there. Unfortunately my corrados in pieces, so i cannot try them out, but i have used the original corrado wiring, and then when my cars in a more complete state, i will cut the existing indicator wire, and splice a second wire in there, run it under the wheel arch lining, into the bay, and into the back of the headlight, so i have an indicator in the headlight too.

Without wanting to toot my own trumpet, i think its very clever, and am absolutely 100% pleased with them myself. Any comments, suggestions are welcome, but be kind as theyve taken me a while... :oops: :p 8)

Good work but have one question

If you have used the original Corrado lense will the light guides in the glass not cause serious issuesunless you have lined everything up perfectly

Certainly look good

They arent all lined up perfectly yet, but i can adjust that to a certain degree (much like regular lights). If they still dont line up, then theres a bit more room i can use (need a little trimming again i would expect) in the housing.

I admire anyone who's got the patience to do something different - hope you're going to post a "How To" guide

They look amazing! Im with andy though,the a4 lights have the beam pattern in the xenon lense and when thats shone through rado lense it will give a mess of a pattern.

You need clear lenses!

I don't know if it's possible but from what I understand you can reduce the beam pattern in the lens by getting it professionaly polished... otherwise you may need to get hold of some angel eyes and use the lens from them!

Does look very good though 8)

I don't know if it's possible but from what I understand you can reduce the beam pattern in the lens by getting it professionaly polished... otherwise you may need to get hold of some angel eyes and use the lens from them!

Does look very good though 8)

hmmm...interesting to learn.

I need to do my other one first...and then put the car back together!

Thanks for all your kind (so far) comments!! :lol:

Looking good Nick!

Good luck putting the rest of the car back together.

Remember, let me know if you need a hand! :wink:

I really like them! :)

Though sounds like a lot of work involved! :o

Does the final result worth?

I am talking about lightning quality...

But hey! Go for it! :)

wow they look great been looking into this myself after seeing the ddi ones, would it be possible to send me some pics of the trimmed down a4 lights to make it fit the rado casing

thanks

they look awesome, really good mate but i think to finish them off you need some clear lenses like from the angel eyes but get some better quality ones made....

are you planning on installing the HID kit too, that would be class then

Cheers guys.

When I make up the second light, I'll try and do a 'how-to', so you can see what ive chopped and what i havent.

I'll look into the angel eye clear lenses today, unless anybody has any lying around...?!

Furk'z i hadnt really thought of that. As its original corrado wiring, its corrado bulbs, so will be running off the uprated wiring loom, but HID would be nice...

Since the very first time i saw the 'famous' A4 Rado lights, i knew i had to have them. I researched and found the page with instructions, but that involved making a whole new casing for the lights...and i was buggered if i was gonna do that! So, A4 lights DO fit into rado headlight casing. But with ALOT (i mean alot) of trimming.

What do you think?

Lights.jpg

Ive only done one, but the other is getting there. Unfortunately my corrados in pieces, so i cannot try them out, but i have used the original corrado wiring, and then when my cars in a more complete state, i will cut the existing indicator wire, and splice a second wire in there, run it under the wheel arch lining, into the bay, and into the back of the headlight, so i have an indicator in the headlight too.

Without wanting to toot my own trumpet, i think its very clever, and am absolutely 100% pleased with them myself. Any comments, suggestions are welcome, but be kind as theyve taken me a while... :oops: :p 8)

looks rude mate any pic's of them fitted in the car?

Unfortunately my corrados in pieces, so i cannot try them out...

:lol: :lol:

Your welcome to drive to mine and we can trial fit them....?! Otherwise youll have to wait.

Or we could fit them to mine and have my car as the demo car for them mk1 maybe :lol: :lol: :lol: 8)