Sign in to follow this  
ReekieVR

Badger Damage

Hit a rather solid sounding bit of wildlife last winter. Do i need a whole new bumper? Or is there something behind all this which can be banged out and all i need is the black lip ?

Corrado%20033.jpeg

looks like the grille has come away from the lower spoiler,dont think youll need new bumper,just take off the lower spoiler & have a good nosey.

Think i might even have a towing eye cover somewhere.

Badgers dont half make a whack dont they mate, i hit one last year in my fiesta, totalled the badger which i felt really bad about and it annhialated my front bumper!! Thats ford vs vw on build quality :lol:

Bumper will square up quite easily, i only think you will need the tow eye cover.

Remove the full bumper and strip the splitter etc from it, heat the bumper up with boiling water (from the inside) then it should return to its original shape with minor pursuasion, do the same with the splitter to line it up as well.

Jimmi....................................................

as jimmi said... or find a smart repairer and borrow his infrared lamp... it heats from the inside out (dont ask me how?)

This is how i straightened my brovs golf vr6 bumper

abs plastic should have a memory..

just be careful you dont melt it.

Wow thats some cat damage, G60jet. Yeh was doing about 60 on the A1 between Newc and Edin at night in rain with much traffic around me. Didnt have many options to avoid it ( without vastly increasing the risk of an accident ), just gripped the steering a bit harder. A pretty loud bang and the car jumped. Could have been nasty in those conditions.

Actually, I hit a cow at 2am on a country road many moons ago. In my mk 1 ford fiesta. I managed to skid away from it, but its head hit the side of the windscreen (smashed it ) and it spun round to bash in the rear panel with its arse. Glad i managed to skid away, as even thou i was doing about 40mph, i think it could have rolled over the bonnet into my lap, had i hit it straight on. There was a herd of the fukers in the middle of an unlit b road. Had to get police out etc. It wasnt happy about being hit - farmer had to shoot it.

Lesson learnt: if you see two green dots hovering in the middle of the road at night, dont presume you are just tired.

Anyhow, i will try to heat the bumper up and see what happens. Is the whole bumper easy to get off ? How is the splitter bit attached to the bumper?

A friend of mine once hit a sheepdog in his beemer, that was messy and the car stunk for a good while afterwards.

sheepdog.jpg

pretty sad really :(

EDIT: Image is for illustration purposes only