Sign in to follow this  
Storm_VR6

Soon to be advertised

I will soon be advertising my car for sale in the Autotrader and here on CF as well as other VW sites. Just wanted to get an idea of how much I should be advertising the car for.

Corrado VR6 Storm – Mystic Blue

The car overall is in very good condition, inside & out.

All the electrics work fine.

I have a slight problem with the Active spoiler not rising all the way at the set speed but this will be fixed before the sale. Just need to grease it up when I get the chance.

No records of timing chains being changed or any rebuilds.

Modifications – K & N Air filter , Magnex exhaust (full system) and top clear lights. Still have the original air box & lights. To be honest, I want to put the original lights back on anyway as I find the patterned top clear lights to be of crap quality. For anyone looking to change the back lights on the car, buy Hella.

Body work – slight scratch on fuel filler cap, very few stone chips on bonnet, slight laquer peel about 1cm by 1cm on bonnet and paint work slightly bubbling on driver side wheel arch but this is minor. Guess the body shop I took it to didn’t treat the rust properly on the arch. Mind you, it has been over 3 years now.

ICE – Infinity Kappa 5.25 components, Infinity Kappa 6 x 9 in a professionally built (Midlands Car Audio) shelf, 10 inch infinity kappa Bass tube, Denon DCA 800 Amplifier. The head unit is an Alpine but will not be sold as it’s on loan.....

Toad Alarm

Recent work – New Fuel pump, tyres, Brake pads all round, new relays, ignition switch, new key cut, oil, airfilter, plugs, leads, coolant.

lots of MOT (at least 9 months, will confirm when I get home)

Taxed till end of Sept.

How much should I advertise it for?

What you selling your Storm for..... Don't be daft!!! Just get the litle imperfections done and keep it....

The cars MINT for a used example.....

Your just getting your blues... it'll pass dude!!!!

To be honest MTC, i will be in tears when she goes. I am financially struggling at the mo, 2 kids, having to commute to work etc, need to get myself sorted mate.

Just pimp yourself.

Worked for me! :wink:

Know what you mean though, probably have to sell my C to get the valeting van etc.

I've wrote my car off as a dead asett in my mind that will never sell!!!!

That way you can never look at it for finance!!!!!

£10K!!!

All i'm trying to do , is find out how much people would pay for a genuine Storm, I don't want to sell it too cheap nor do i want to advertise it at a price that's too high.............so want some advice on Market value, a so called feeler.

Thanks Ardandy, I think that's quite accurate. anymore suggestions?

VR6 - Just had a look at your web page, car looks very nice, love the colour. 40K mileage in 2003, what's it on now ??

Think i'll advertise for £4,500 ovno on here and put it in auto Trader for £4,750. Is this a fair price?

£4-£5k..... I wouldn't let it go for less than £4,500... I know standard corrado's go for that, ok! bit less miles but nether the less this is a Storm which undoubtably fetches premium prices!!!!!!

My Adise is DON'T SELL IT!!!!

Anyhow.... I take all the I.C.E from the car if you split it....

MTC - Think the car will be advertised without the ICE, when it's up for sale, you can have it (for a good price) provided you help me put back all the standard speakers :lol:

Would love to keep it mate but desperate times.

VR6 - Just had a look at your web page, car looks very nice, love the colour. 40K mileage in 2003, what's it on now ??

Past 50k now, and looking a bit tatty.

ARGGHHH My Eyes!!! :shock: :shock: :pukeright: :pukeleft: :( :cry: :cry:

( I think he's got rid of these ...lovely...rear lights too :lol: )

Still looks good to me, do you still have the beige leathers. Personal opinion but i think the beige interior of a Green Storm looks better and more expensive then the black leathers in a mystic blue.

If them top clear lights are the same make as i've got, they are crap!!!

Still got the 45 degree though! Neither he nor I would get our cars on there now.

How his car's changed, eh!

Lol - My Gallery's supposed to be a history of the car ... even if it did have gay lights and a stupid ride height at one point!

Mileage is about 53k I think.

Nope - first car, used just about every day.

I live on the Isle of Man so there's not an awful lot of mileage to be done :)

Anyway, this is supposed to be about your car! :oops:

Yep, it is supposed to be about my car, from the above responses, between 4 - 5K which I’m okay with. Anyone disagree with this? Constructive criticism is welcome.

Just the thought of her not being there when looking out my window is genuinely upsetting but decisions need to be made even if they are harsh.

I'd start at £5k, if you're happy with that and hold out for as high as you can get.

People can quote mileage and service history to the ends of the earth but it's the condition of the car and how much it's been looked after that count in the real world.

Don't let someone tell you automatically that a car with 140k on is worth less than a car with 90k. Not always the case....