Sign in to follow this  
shambow

corrado g60 power?

Hi there ive been the proud owner of a white 1992 corrado g60 for the last 4 weeks with 129000miles on the clock,I have receipts for a charger rebuild to stage 4 with 68mm pulley an chip from jabba sport 14000miles ago and it also has an ss exhaust.I took it to the rollin road the other week an it was putting out(176.3@5873 at flywheel and 163.9@5239 torque.Then the week later after fitting a cat replacment pipe and an rsr outlet kit i took it back for another run but first ask them to check the compression they did an it was ok then they checked the timing an it was out by 3 digress an fueling was ok to,After that they hooked up a boost gauge they use for rallycars to the car to check the boost wile on the rollers now it is putting out(175.5@5368 and 188.1@3930)and it is boosting 0.8bar.Ive now got about 25lf more torque out of the engine but should i not have far more power please could some1 help me if there is any other things i could check an wot power should the engine be putting out? :( simon :?:

You may want to start with using some punctuation and capital letters as your post is very hard to follow. ;)

There is no specific suchandsuch a mod = xBHP gain. 0.8bar seems a bit low. You may well have a boost leak so check all your boost circuit and try the old half and half Fairy liquid and water around joins. The old wing mount intercooler may be damaged.

are those figures at the wheels or at the flywheel?

Don't forget that during the recent high temps we've been having, most Corrado G60s have lost a lot of their power due to the woefully inadequate intercooler becoming heat soaked... the results you get on one set of rollers on a hot day will be completely different from the set of results on a cold day where the car will be boosting much more efficiently... 8)

Hi again the figures are from the flywheel mate!Sorry my message is hard to follow.The pipes are all ok but not to sure about the intercooler cant realy get a good look at it,If all that is ok wot else would you suggest doing mate :)

Silencer box is that wot the rsr kit replaces its just i have one of them fitted mate! :) wot about switches could they be the problem of losing power :?:

hi again was trying some of the switches in the engine bay this morning,Do you see the switch that is half way along the intercooler to the throttle body pipe i took it off an it didnt make any difference wile the engine was running!Could there be somthing wrong with the switch?cheers simon :?: :)

Ive checked all the pipes bar the intercooler mate!Would i be best to take off the front bumper an take out the intercooler an give it a good clean?Also is it a big job to do so?Im all new to the g60 engine as ive been a VR6 man for the past 4years so any help would be much appreciated cheers simon :?: :?

Not to bad mate but i was sort of expecting a lot more BHP but the torque seems ok,Wots yours putting out?I see you have a front mount intercooler fitted is it a good mod?Do you get much more power form it+are they hard to fit :?: cheers simon 8)

Havent dynod mine yet.

FMIC was defo a good mod along with rsr outlet.

I bought a universal Intercooler and made the pipes up my self

Did you save much money doing it that way mate?I see jabba do a kit for around £600 a little out of my price range!If you dont mind me asking mate were did you get the pipes? Its just i wouldnt know were to start+was the intercooler hard to come by :?: 8) cheers simon