Sign in to follow this  
IOW_KELVIN_G60

Newbie (Boost Levels)

Hi im new to the forum bought my G60 a few months back just been in the background looking at the threads, which have been very useful!

I have got a G60 with a stage 4 charger and when i check the boost settings it comes out at 2000 (14.5psi) everytime what id like to know is, what pulley am i likely to have on the car as i suspect a 68mm myself but am unsure? The boost settings look that way? i only have modifications of jetex panel filter, supersprint exhaust, And the stage 4 charger. So am i likely to have the 68mm pulley? As im looking at the SNS chip.

Any help would be great.

Pictures hopefully up soon of the car.

Cheers :D

Hi im new to the forum bought my G60 a few months back just been in the background looking at the threads, which have been very useful!

I have got a G60 with a stage 4 charger and when i check the boost settings it comes out at 2000 (14.5psi) everytime what id like to know is, what pulley am i likely to have on the car as i suspect a 68mm myself but am unsure? The boost settings look that way? i only have modifications of jetex panel filter, supersprint exhaust, And the stage 4 charger. So am i likely to have the 68mm pulley? As im looking at the SNS chip.

Any help would be great.

Pictures hopefully up soon of the car.

Cheers :D

Fair play to you mate - look at me I've missed a chat somewhere along the line how do you get your bost readings? :oops:

Hi mate, welcome to the forum

As far as I know the only way of telling what size pulley you have is to measure it?

BLACKG60, Use the search matey, try MFA AND Boost AND check

2000s not bad at all sounds about right for a worn in stage 4 charger! one thing i will say is the mfa boost reading isnt the most precise of instruments!

havent seen your C about matey! anymore pics

welcome to the forum mate :)

I know nothing about forced induction, other than I want it :oops:

hi, yeah just a tape measure in there !! and those boost levels are fine nothing to worry about... mine used to vary... and in this hot weather too there gonna be different compared to doing it in say january...

Just chucked the tape measure in and the external circular measurment is 75mm and the internal circle is 57mm thats looking from the side on view of the pulley? obviously you have to take some off the outside to get the exact size because the belt sits in the lip so what measurment do i take from because how do you measure the size where the belt goes? If that all makes sense? cheers

3 IOW corrado owners in same post :cheers: It will be a 68mm pulley with those readings.

Mine has 68mm and makes 1920 on mfa but 16psi on boost gauge.

Your motor will already be chipped aswell no doubt.

I took my ecu apart and found it had a amd chip and 68mm pulley and i bought engine standard!

Hi everyone thanx for the help im ordering the sns chip well say a lie ive ordered it allready stating i have a 68mm pulley purley on the figures that it produced everytime 2000 comes out everytime so i asumed it was 68mm ive looked again at it and with the depth of the belt it works out about 68mm so thats all good! Awaiting the sns chip and cant wait!

I seen both your cars around before in newport, im from Cowes had a nice Mk2 Golf before but sold to my friend, been after a G60 for a long time but been waiting for one that is mint! im happy with the one that ive purchased!

Ive lowered it on fk coilovers last week went crazy with it before and had only 5.5cm clearance at the front lowering it 90mm. Looked good but i couldnt drive it without it scraping everywhere as you know the island roads now lowered it between60mm and 70 at front and 55mm at back it drives nice like that!

P.S Since ive been driving the car on the island ive had non stop ppl waving at me especially scoobie drivers. flustered have u a few friends with scoobies as your cars red too?

Be nice to meet up wiv ya all somewhen!

Enjoy!!!!

Did take the chip out and it had a Booch chip in it? doesnt sound like a performance chip unless they do performance upgrades?

P.s my stage 4 charger has done

33,000 miles since its service so its doing pretty well to be still at 2000 isnt it? Have a friend who drove the car he owned scoobies before said his scoobie would off pissed over mine acceleration but 3rd gear the pull he reckons is just as good i must admit 3rd gear it really does wind up and pull very well its just the awkward 1st to 2nd gear change as it redlines so damm quick but im getting used to it :lol:

What should i look for, for when the supercharger needs re building what sort of figures will it read or how would i tell when to have it rebuilt?

How you go about putting up pics so far just worked out the little pic thing also i have my car clip on the rolling road it produced 167Bhp at the actual wheels which i thought was pretty good considering for gearbox being old doing 120,000 miles? how do i upload pics and vids?

defo matey im up for a little razz i should be seeing 2200 on the mfa when i get my charger back cant wait hehe!

get some more pics up fella!

Cheers Andy

My MFA boost readings stop at 2000, but the car is still revving up.

This charger was delivering 248 on my old G60 with the USA boost table, which i think that is around 2200.

The boost gauge shows 1.3bar

Does anyone get more than 2000 readings on MFA? :oops:

Yep,got a few friends with scoobs! Have you got the boost return mod and rsr? they make it sound flippin mental!