Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

G60Dan's G60 Updated 22/11/04 - New Exhaust

I must admit, I really like this C. How do you get the engine bay that clean? Steam cleaner?

If so, do you need to cover the alarm, alternator and dizzy?

I buy a big tub like this zip.jpg and use a shed load of it in a bucket of water. That tends to keep it nice & clean. It wasn't a terribly dirty engine bay when I bought it.

If your going to steam clean yours, cover the alarm, disi, & plugs & leads. I would have thought everything else should be fine.

Dan, whats the next meet yr going to? would be good to meet..

don't know. Pm the ones your going to & I'll see what I can make mate.

I've gotta get mine as clean as that!!!

Probably wait till the engine is out to do it properly though.

Cheers Dan

P.S. Where is the pipe going to from your rocker cover. It looks like you've had the boost return done, so is it leading to some kind of catch tank?

Best of luck Rack, imagine white is hard to keep clean! If it becomes a pig to clean, you could try a bit of "gunk". But don't get it on anything as it will make it rot. Whatever you clean with "gunk", try to wax after :wink:

Yeah that's right mate, a catch tank. A lucazade bottle 8) BLING!!

Better than a ali tank as you can see inside it. Not that mine has ever really had any oil in it!!

I'll keep that in mind about the gunk. And yeah white is a pain, but it's cheap to get a re-spray.

As for the catch tank, Bling! What about using one of those cheap fuel filters you can get from a motorfactor's. There about £2? Or when I eventually get round to ordering one, I've spied a little filter from the air compressor at work that would do it.

Then again is the Lucazade bottle does the trick, why bother.

Plus it gives the car 33% extra :lol:

G60Dan, could you point me in the direction of where u got your induction kit form?

ooo man. looks nice. did u have to buy different boost hoses or the rsr same diameter?

All down to money at the end of the day. The extra money would have been better spend being put towards an intercooler. More horses will be gained that way.

All down to money at the end of the day. The extra money would have been better spend being put towards an intercooler. More horses will be gained that way.

:salute: you are so correct the mate... :salute:

damn thats a clean engine bay - how many hours has that stolen then?

LOL that pic was taken just after the charger rebuild & Darren was getting handy with his valeting gear :)

To be honest I don't clean the engine bay that much. It lives in the garage when it's not being used which helps.

std lights really suit ur car mate.....

maybe all red might suit it good also

exhaust just looks so OEM with an up to date look i like lots

Cheer lads

std lights really suit ur car mate.....

maybe all red might suit it good also

exhaust just looks so OEM with an up to date look i like lots

I did try & do some all red light, but I wasn't happy with the finish on them so stuck with the std lights.

Cuffed to bits with the new exhaust. It's defiantly unleashed a few ponies.

Here's a quick vid. I need to get some footage while I'm driving really. It sounds great under acceleration. Might get a bit annoying on the motorway, but you just turn the stereo up if it pi55es you off.

click here

G60Dan, their great u got nothing to worry abt,,,u really feel the difference dont u when u get it newly on,,,,, much more pull