Sign in to follow this  
TomD

Can anyone identify my exhaust??

Hi All!

Just fitted a standard exhaust to my Corrado and taken off the stainless system.

But I have no idea what make the stainless exhaust is!

It has 2 boxes, with serial numbers MSVW232 and MSVW233, and an Oval tailpipe.

The fact that it has a serial number/part number with VW in it makes me think its not a custom (i.e. powerflow etc) system, but desgined specifically for the car.

First thought was magnex, but it doesn't look like one of theirs, and there's a different part number on their website.

Any other ideas? Milltek perhaps? :?

I'll get some picks up soon!

One more thing..... my car has a 'decat pipe' (i.e. bit of homemade pipe welded to where the cat was) Do proper decat pipes have small mufflers on them? As I've seen some with a bulge rather than a straight pipe. Will they be much quieter?

Cheers! Tom

Could be Miltek - pics will help though ;)

Ok...I'll get some on if I have time before I go down the pub, otherwise I'll put them on when I get back (might be a bit wobbly though!) :)

Cheers for that Steve VPK.

That was lucky, as I was just about to order a new milltek system, thinking thats what I wanted.

gsbellew...I was going to put it up for sale, and probably still will, but I might try and get a proper decat pipe and see if its quiter with one of those on, as the standard exhaust isn't much quieter!