Sign in to follow this  
dan

16" RS4's on the Corrado

Well as some of you already know I've had a few problems in getting the right wheels for my C. I wanted those 'Azev A's' so bad but, they just wouldn't fit. My car was up for the MOT last Friday so I had to get the new wheels with new rubber (my old tyres would not of passed MOT) for that. The shop where I got the wheels from onlt had two types of 16" wheel to fit, the 'S2' & 'RS4' so I decided on the RS4's (same as Andi's)

My pictures always turn out too dark with the digital camera. When I try & fix them in 'Photoshop' they are better but don't do the car justice. Anyway heres the new wheels

I think rs4 wheels are great, i saw some on a mk4 golf. would they fit on a 1991 16v ?? or are they five stud like most of the nice wheels out there??

fry

Yeah, those particular wheels are 5 stud. I'm not sure if they're available in 4 stud fitment, I can ask if you like!

Yes Kev, in real life the car is satin silver. I just can't take a photo that shows it properly.

Heres a close up of the front wheel & arch

you can get them in four stud, cause my dads put them on his audi cab and thats four stud. So guess the 17" should fit the corrado too.

I have 17inch RS4s on mine... 5 stud though.

Aren't the 4 stud Audi wheels 4x108PCD, whereas VW is 4x100?.... :?

Yes, they are different but I think the aftermarket wheels can be made with a double fitment. I was told that the holes in the wheel are slightly ovaled so as to fit on both makes.

Mine are made in Italy btw, & I didn't notice any oval on them.

I have to say, putting these 16" wheels on has given the car a new lease of life. The 205 x 45mm profile tyres gives that little bit of extra comfort without loosing performance. They just feel right :D

The rolling radius of the wheels is almost identical to the original set-up & this gives many benefits including;

The speedometer is now reading correctly.

The gearing is the same as original therefore the car is not slowed up as before with the 17"s.

This set-up is now perfect for the corrado's running gear i.e. bushings, alignment etc.

There's a fair bit of protection from the 45mm tyres (no more swerving around like a mad man avoiding potholes)

I'd say its easily the best mod I've done :D