Sign in to follow this  
mattnorgrove

Old/New Style Bonnet

My 1990 valver has (i think) a new style bonnet. Is this correct for its age or would it indicate previous front end damage? (where they couldnt find an old style one to replace?

Is the new style "bulging" in the middle anf the old style kind of indented? (if you follow me)

Any ideas???

the new style "bulging" in the middle anf the old style kind of indented?

thats correct mate

early --_--

late _---_

Just because it's the late style doesn't mean it's been in a front end collision, many people prefer the look of the later ones so swap them

late ones should have been fitted to mid/late '92 onwards cars only from the factory... 8)

The reason i suspected front end damage, i looked for the VIN plate under the bonnet yesterday and couldnt find it on the slam panel of the bonnet (or is that known as the front panel?) Is the VIN a stamped metal plate on the C? And where is it located? (and is this a stupid question?) :oops:

Cheers guys...

Very nice indeed, how much approx for a set of 4? Really like the look of them, do wanna go the OEM route tho (as per your red C, very nice too)

How much did the suspension job cost, and how much was it lowered front/rear?

unlike on a Golf, there ISN'T a plate on the slam panel with the chassis number on it on a Corrado...

The chassis number is on the scuttle panel just by the wiper motor... If you open the bonnet, and stand next to the RH side repeater and look at where the wiper motor is, you should see it about a foot in from the inner wing on the top of the panel that seperates the engine bay from the channel that the wiper motor lives in (scuttle panel). The chassis number is stamped into the panel and is normally within a rectangle of white paint.

Cheers Henny, appreciate that, i think i'll rest easy now, looked at the shut lines and the fit of the front bumper closely last night and they all look sound. Guess one of the previous owners just prefered the new style bonnet. Didnt realise there was a differece til i saw a post in the for sale forum refering to the style of bonnet.

Lovin the forum, useful for all sorts and always good for a giggle...

my grey one's had a front end at some point... nothing that's gone through the insurance (it's HPI clear) but it's had a new (late) bonnet, slam panel, headlamps and bumper on it at some point as there's loads of little things that aren't quite as they left the factory but are OK... (wrong coloured rivets in the bonnet catch plastic bits etc)

If it's all straight and HPI clear, then don't worry about it... ;)