Sign in to follow this  
Deluk

Uprated head lights

right i have one of them headlight wire thingys, that bost up your lights fitted it to my golf ez, having a look at my C i have fitted the lome but the lights dont seem to be working in the right order i think the high beams on when the dipp beam is switched on (center spots off) high beam the centers are on but on high beam from the mains, if i move the wires aroud to the other side my light are real dim dont know if i haver to cut a wire to make it all work???

can some one who has fitted one can help me??

i am stumped :oops:

look in the pass side wing at the front for a yellow coil type thing

search for

dim AND dip AND resistor

HTH

ben

yeah i saw that thing tube yello thing? ok so can i just cut the yello wire or take it off the fuse box?

or bypass it? thx guys

ok i get it now the yellow wire is the one to stop, then i will put my U.R.H.L.L. on the on the come dipped atm then the restor wont dimm the lights?

right been out and sorted it right out just unpluged the restior set up the golf loom got all me lights working in the right order now, dipped main and mian h3 spots all uprated all working nice :) :) :)

right been out and sorted it right out just unpluged the restior set up the golf loom got all me lights working in the right order now, dipped main and mian h3 spots all uprated all working nice :) :) :)

make sure your protect those relays, I've seen so many really badly corroded and fail, they just aren't intended for under the bonnet fitment.

agree with above, put them in a plastic bag and tie it up, thats what i did with mine, stops most of the water getting in and most importantly...is cheap!!

Sorry for jumping on the thread, but seems silly to start another one about the same topic. I've just bought an uprated loom from Ebay (prob a mistake!). The first instruction is to disconnect the dipped beam feature plug (the yellow one in front of battery). Is this going to mean I'm going to lose my side lights which I've heard of before? Or is this replaced by the resistor that you guys are talking about? I don't know much about wiring but am a bit bothered now about cutting my orignal loom especially if I'll lose dipped beams!

dont cut !! :) just pull it out and leave it all you have to do there is a 2 pin concdudor just press the bar and pull it its yello, the H4 thing that goes on the blub is in the screw thing on the back of the headlight or you might have the new one witch is ez, you dont lose dipped , you lose dipped dimed :) you dont need this dipdim for mot

Deluk

my golf did not have a resistor on at all so this and loseing the paper that come with it telling you how to fit it , i have does it about 4 times now to get it right the first time i drove for 30 miles at night with full beam on thinking it was diped :)

Thanks for responding deluk. I'm a bit confuesd about the dip dim thing now though! Sounds like we're ordering a Chinese!

Seriously tho, at the moment when I put my lights on you can press the switch once for sidelights (is this the dipdim that I'll lose?), press it again for normal headlights (dipped I guess), and then pull the stalk back for full beams.

Am I going to lose the sidelights so when I push the switch in once nothing will come on? Or is it something else?

Does anyone know if you can get looms where you don't lose any of the lights at all?

my side lights still work there is a bit of wireing in the light cluster that sorts the sidelights out , have you fitted it yet? what sort of pins did you get ? the 3 pined ones like mine or the new C ones with 4 pins :) ,btw if you have the 3 you need to plug in the extisting 4 back in to the light cluster for it all to work fully.

Deluk

I haven't tried fitting it yet. I think i've got the 4 pin one but not sure, will check tonight. I might have a go at fitting it this weekend. Thanks for your help :D

Nice one. BTW your C sounds like mine, I've got a red 2.0 16v. Can't beat the red in my opinion. Have you done the KR inlet cam yet? that's next on my list.

Thanks for responding deluk. I'm a bit confuesd about the dip dim thing now though! Sounds like we're ordering a Chinese!

Seriously tho, at the moment when I put my lights on you can press the switch once for sidelights (is this the dipdim that I'll lose?), press it again for normal headlights (dipped I guess), and then pull the stalk back for full beams.

Am I going to lose the sidelights so when I push the switch in once nothing will come on? Or is it something else?

Does anyone know if you can get looms where you don't lose any of the lights at all?

with the side lamps on you should have a small bulb on plus the main headlamp bulb on but dimmer then with dip beam this is the dimdip so removing will only stop the main bulb lighting with the sidelamps and not stop the sidelamps working

Ahhh now I get it :oops:

Well that's good, I didn't want to lose anything, thanks for clearing up for me. I'll fit it on the weekend, I've had enough of only seeing 6ft in front after dark!