Sign in to follow this  
cupra20v.t

what size disc does a g60 take?

a mate of mine has a set of g60 brakes i can have which i would be looking to put on my mk3 but i need at least 280mm discs. does anyone know.

I know the vr6 brakes are 280 - 288 mm but i cant find a reasonable priced set of them.

cheers in advance.

I'm not sure, I know some Mk3s had 280mm discs, but I don't know if all them do. It would be worth taking a wheel off and measuring it.

Actually, G60 discs are for 4 stud cars, I think your Mk3 Golf will be 5 stud, if so they won't be any use to you.

you can get both 280mm and 288mm discs with 5 studs or if your running 17's you can fit 312mm off tt's or s3's with boxster or 996 calpiers with a bit of work

ideally i want porsche callipers. there is a company up the road from me that will do the conversion for me for 800quid that includes porsche calipers, braided hoses, pads and discs and custom carriers. but i cant afford that at the moment, so if i could find a pair of front calipers od fleabay i would wait and just use the guys custom carriers.