Jim Bowen

Jim Bowen Corrado VR6 - New engine build

its just the weitec -40mm kit, was a budget kit i choose at the time as didn't have even money to get expensive suspension and replace the other things i wanted to do.

its quite a small gap on the front compared to the rear, i'd guess around 2cm

3CM, car is looking superb mate. Makes me miss by green VR :(

What's next then? Any more plans?

thanks very much!

not sure what next really.

I fancy a nice exhaust, maybe some better suspension, couple of bits of bodywork tidied up

Get a decat + cat back stainless exhaust - would finish the car off nicely 8) Had a decat + front silencer removed from my last VR- made a noticeable difference in power, sounded fantastic (not stupid loud or boomy at all) and even spat flames from time to time 8)

i had a decat on a previous car and they wouldn't let it through the MOT and it sounded really loud and raspy :(

not even heard my bmc yet, so i don't know how loud that is

Ah, I have a friendly MOT man ;) Mine was a Milltek and I was pleasantly surprised at the noise as I hate chavvy exhausts. The BMC will sound awesome! Mine is on the vRS now 8)

A few more pics, recent updates etc

had the 288's and mk4 rears all fitted, car feels much better now under braking and the handbrake works great too.

DSC01274.jpg

Audi TT wiper upgrade, probably the best mod i reckon i've done :lol: no squeaking, perfect wipe, no missed bits on screen

DSC01282.jpg

smoked headlamp protectors

DSC01305.jpg

and after i found the rear axle bushes to be knackered, i just received the KW's to fit and some powerflex bushes, looking forward to getting this fitted asap, have moaned about the ride for over a year now.

DSC01314.jpg

also fitted some new plugs, leads and a coilpack which means i can drive in the rain now :D.......quite pleased recentely as things are improving

nice sprinkling of pics! glad i'm not the only one who has spent a fortune on their not-massively-more-than-standard car this year :)

rattle refurb looks nice, jealous of the kws :thumbleft:

couple of winter photos, am bored at work.

also coilovers are fitted now, probably going to drop the suspension a little more though

DSC01358.jpg

DSC01359.jpg

bought a new debadged grill too

Its like my cars twin, protectors look nice and subtle. How much better are the 288's over the standard?

Might be getting mine fitted this week.

my standard brakes weren't working very well at all before the 288's went on, so they a big improvement over them.

i do find them better but nothing to shout about if i'm honest. They stop the car, but i still find alot of other standard/newer cars have much better brakes

i only just gone higher :lol:

a trip to stealth will be arranged soon, and i'll ask them to get the front lower but not inverting the wishbones, probably about 5-10mm lower than it is now, then the back will be adjusted to suit that

still handles funny :gag:

top work mate getting similar jobs done on mine soon. Are the tt wipers better than lupo's then ? how do you find the ride on the kw's?

terry

i never had the lupo wipers so can't comment, but really impressed with the TT ones, they are awesome (i know its only wipers, but they were terrible before)

the KW's seem great to me, very forgiving over bumps etc, plus they look very neat under the arch, (alot smaller diameter than normal shocks)

your comment about the brakes- i dont really think its a case of new cars having more powerful brakes- as my dads octavia "feels" like its got better brakes as you only have to sneeze at them and theres a snatchy drop in speed- but it only has 256mm discs on the front and drums on the back. Ive 288's on my passat and discs on the back and the brakes are much heavier but once you give them a heave they stop the car better- the octy brakes are kinda either on or off. I think this is down to the newer cars being massively over servo'd compared to our older cars, but this means you get more progressive brakes. to my mind this makes it easier to drive smoothly and feather the brakes so as not to upset the cars balance entering corners etc.

Got my speedlines back from being refurbed.....

DSC01514.jpg

DSC01515.jpg

naff pic of them on car

DSC01517.jpg

pics of brakes and suspension

DSC01509.jpg

Got my speedlines back from being refurbed.....

naff pic of them on car

why naff? where else would you put them?! :grin:

look great though, nothing better than freshly painted bits :D

Wheels look good :) where did you get them done and are they painted or powder coated, and price?

cheers, i am pleased with them, but think i could of got them done cheaper, they were acid dipped then painted. I paid £60 a wheel.

Not sure who did them, as i dropped them off with a local chap i know who has a friend that does them