Sign in to follow this  
fla

Golf 3 Headlight switch

I've got a Golf 3 headlight switch which I thought I'd wire in instead of the regular switch. Its a bit bigger so of course it can be put in the same place. Any suggestions for other locations, or indeed has anyone done the conversion already?

did this in mine ,as i did have a mk3 dash but im switching back now ,wiring still has the mk3 switch on though ,most of the wires are the same colours just need connecting

wilkes, can you send some pics of your set up plus which wires go where. Thanks

i cant check it till next weekend cos im not by the car(on my moms drive) but ill gladly write it all down then if it helps ?are you fitting it into the corrado dash ? isn't it a bit big ?

Yes it is, but in terms of durability and cost it seems a sensible option. PLus the original switch looks terrible. The main concersn for me aprt from the wiring is to site it so it doesnt look like its been 'tagged on'. I might just cut off the headlight adjustment part of it unless someone has got the motors and wiring loom to link in with it.

Many thanks (in advance) for the summary, if it is something others might consider then put it in the Wiki too.

dont know if you still need to know this ,just found it searching for a problem on mine ,both mk3's and raddo's are ce2 so if you can get the loom up from the fuse box it will plug right in ,but the foglights wont work of the mk3 switch you still need the raddo one ,if you still want know how to splice it in ill write it down cos i have my car here now